⛓Chapter 60: I

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

After Taehyung was discharged, they were back on planning what to do next, with Jisoo this time. "Did you get anything while you were away?" Jennie asked.

"Honestly, it was convenient for me to find clues and information while I was away, alone. I got a few stuff but I can't disclose it to anyone." Jisoo said and they just nodded.

"What are we gonna do? He's been missing for more than a week." Lisa kept thinking about Jungkook's situation. It's the first time they've been apart for so long.

"But think about it. It's been more than a week but the killer hasn't made a move. We're all here because we stuck together in one room. It's the importance of not getting involved, physically."

"Yeah, yeah.. Of course you'd keep saying that. We're not kids." Taehyung protested. "It's not like we don't know anything at all. Let us help."

"And let the killer meddle with our real work? I don't think so. Keep in mind that one of you is just acting right now." Jisoo said, crossing her arms.

"How sure are we that it's not you, though?" Taehyung raised his suspicions suddenly.

"You'll know that it's not me the moment I find the one behind this. Suspect me all you want but it won't stop me from finding all our friends. You go to bed, Kim Taehyung. Jennie and Lisa.. Stay out of this for now."

"Alright. I no longer want broken friendships so I'm gonna listen to you." Jennie said before going to her room upstairs.

"Well.. Do I have a choice?" Lisa also left and went to her room.

"You. Why are you still standing here? Get your ass upstairs. You haven't fully recovered yet. And can you stop putting yourself in danger? Don't go to Neon Street unarmed. My savings are in critical condition because I've been paying for all of everyone's hospital bills. For goodness's sake, I don't want to be broke."

"Oldest sister of the group. That's your responsibility." He patted her head and went upstairs.

"Tss.. Brat."

Jisoo continued working on her research, not about Neon Street or Prim Village but about the remaining ones. She had to know their pasts, even her own brother's. She figured it would be easier that way.

The next day, Jisoo got herself ready for an appointment. "Take me with you. You can't go anywhere alone." Taehyung said but Jisoo shook her head, again, declining.

"You look after the two girls. I'll be quick as a bunny. And I'll take your car!" She shouted after she got out.

"Tsk. I never felt so useless.." He went to the kitchen to make his pancake breakfast and for the two girls as well.

Jennie was woken up by its smell and quickly went downstairs only to find Taehyung struggling to read the instructions on the box. He was facing back with the spatula on his other hand.

She quietly tiptoed towards him and carefully wrapped her arms around his torso. "Morning." She softly greeted.

Taehyung turned around to face her. "Did I wake you? I was trying to make breakfast but I got mixed up with the instructions. I put too much water and.." He looked at his watery batter and sighed.