⛓Chapter 44: N

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

"He'll be fine. All he needs to do is rest." The doctor said. The patients from the burned hospital were transferred to a closer one, especially those who are in critical conditions and those who are still unconscious.

Taehyung belonged to the unconscious ones once again.

Jisoo held her brother's hand and felt worried all over again. If she had known they haven't left then she would've stayed and came looking for them. Taehyung's been always in trouble the past days and she felt as if she hasn't been a responsible sister.

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes, surprising her. "Taehyung? Are you awake? Can you see me?" He suddenly remembered what happened to Jennie and started to feel scared.

"Jennie. Where is she? Tell me she got out. She had her shoulder injured. She sacrificed herself just to save me, Soo." Taehyung said with tears in his eyes. "What happened?"Jisoo hesitated. Telling him how Jennie's doing right now can affect his state. "Soo.."

Jisoo had her lips sealed until Yoongi came in. "We better tell him now or he'll go insane thinking about it every second." He said and sat on the couch. "He has the right to know."

"As you wish." Jisoo said and sighed. "She's not in a very good condition right now. Her left shoulder's almost broken and she was found unconscious inside. She suffered a concussion but until now, she's still not awake. It's been two days since the fire and the both of you are the only ones unconscious. Jin and Joon are both awake and okay now. It would take more than a week before they get discharged. Jennie's the only person who needs taking care of at the moment."

Taehyung couldn't get more mad at himself. Hearing that Jennie's not doing well because of him made him doubt his obligations as her boyfriend. "I want to see her."

"You're still weak. You just got up. If you get better tomorrow, I'll take you to her. For now, you need to rest, exactly what the doctor advised. Yoongi and Lisa are the ones looking after her. Don't worry. I know Jennie would be fine. If you survived that gunshot, she would survive her injury. Trust her like how she trusted you."

Like Jisoo said, Taehyung didn't come that day and waited for another sunrise to visit her. But it was merely sunrise when Lisa came running to Taehyung's room. "Jisoo..!" She whisper-called and woke Jisoo.

"What is it?" She pulled her blanket down and stood from the couch.

"Jennie's awake. I came as fast as I could because I know Taehyung would want to hear the news."

"Quickly. Wake him." She walked towards Taehyung and slowly shook his body to wake him up. "She's awake." He immediately knew who Jisoo was talking about and carefully switched to a sitting position.

"Can I visit her now?" Jisoo nodded in agreement and helped him up.

Taehyung excitedly but carefully stood up and left the room with Jisoo and Lisa, taking his stand of dextrose injection with him.

"He's here." Lisa told Yoongi so he could make way for him. Yoongi immediately walked away knowing how those two wanted to see each other so badly.

That's when Jennie and Taehyung's eyes met. Both of them couldn't get even happier to see each other alive and well. "Jen." He slowly held her right hand, caressing it. "You're here.."

"Of course I'm here. Did you really think a fire can end the great Min Jennie?" She said to try to lessen the tension. Taehyung chuckled for a second and kissed her forehead. "I'm glad you're okay, Tae."