⛓Chapter 40: E

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

"It wasn't you, was it?" The person asked.

"Why would it be me? I have no reason to do this."

"No, I just thought.. You have-"

"It's not me and that's final."

--

"Is Jennie gonna be okay?" Jungkook asked Yoongi. "She's been crying for more than an hour."

"I'm also getting worried. She's never cried like that her whole life." Yoongi sighed and sat with the others. "Let's give her space for now. She's just too worried."

Jungkook looked at Jennie again. He kept feeling guilty for what happened to Taehyung. If only he didn't agree to go.. If only he kept the text to himself, this wouldn't have happened.

He quickly left to the canteen and bought her something to eat and drink. "Jen?" He called, sitting beside her. He didn't utter another word and waited for her to speak.

"What are you doing? Lisa would think of crazy things."

"I just.. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let Tae accompany me to Neon Street. He would've been safe if he stayed in the house."

"Idiot. Did you really think Taehyung would let you go there alone? He's gonna keep bothering you so he could come. I'm not blaming you, Kook. The only one I despise right now is the one behind this. That person will pay, whatever it takes."

"Everyone despises that person right now. We'll find out who's behind this. Don't worry." He handed her the food he bought and came back to where Lisa was.

"What was that about?" She asked the moment he sat beside her.

"I just told her that I was sorry for taking Taehyung with me. I felt really guilty but Jennie said she doesn't blame me so I felt better. Don't tell me you're getting jealous over this, Lis."

"I'm not. It's a friend thing and I think I know how you feel. It's not that I'm always jealous whenever I see you with a girl." Jungkook eyed her, knowing she's bluffing. "Well at least, not when you're talking to someone I know and I trust."

Jungkook smiled and pulled her for a warm hug. Lisa, then, comfortably placed her head on his chest like a cat with her owner.

It's been more than an hour since Taehyung survived the worst case scenario but they didn't feel too relieved since the operation is still on going.

"What's taking them so long?" Jisoo worriedly said. She was sitting with Jin since Taehyung was revived. Just like Jennie, she could go reckless anytime so he made sure she keeps herself calm.

"Operations take time, Soo. Let's just hope they could save him." Jin said and held her hand. Jisoo was surprised with what he did and quickly pulled her hand away.

"What the hell?"

Seokjin chuckled at her reaction. "Calm down. I was only trying to lessen up the tension." Jisoo slid a foot away from him. "Wahh.. Am I that horrible?"

"Cut it out. I'm not in the mood to do what Lisa and Jungkook are doing. I best sit with Jennie. She needs mental support as much as I do." She stood up and like she said, she sat beside Jennie.