⛓Chapter 7: H

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

Lisa and Jungkook were the ones incharge to open the restaurant for the day. Jin and the others had to stop by at the market to buy the raw ingredients.

"Lisa~" Chaeyoung entered the restaurant and ran to hug her. Lisa gladly hugged her back and patted her head. "I'm older than you but you treat me like a sister."

She pulled away and laughed. "You want me to treat you like a sister, Chae. Don't act like you're not doing it purpose." With a small laugh, Chaeyoung pulled out a chair and sat down.

The building across the street caught her attention. She sighed and looked away. Lisa noticed this and knew there was something going on. Chaeyoung is always the most cheerful one in the group and it's not normal when she sulks in a corner.

She stopped arranging the tables for a moment and sat beside her. "Is something bothering you? Why the long face?"

"It's nothing. I'm just.." Telling Lisa the uneasiness she feels could help her overcome it, but she still chose not to. Lisa's too mad at Ashley already. "I'm hungry."

"Bitch." Lisa said and stood up. "I really thought you were going through something. I was worried for a second." Chaeyoung just chuckled and looked down. "I'll ask Jungkook to cook us something. Cheer up. It will only take minutes."

Jimin arrived from his family emergency at home and went in. Just like Lisa, he knew something was going on in Chaeyoung's mind. And knowing her, she won't open up that easy. "What did I say?" He tried to go back to what happened an hour ago. "Is she acting like this because I told her I liked Ashley?"

He was lost in his thoughts and he couldn't stop thinking why she looks drained. Thoughts like 'why would she feel sad because of it?', 'does she like me?', crossed his mind.

"Chae.." He called and she quickly looked at him. She forced herself to smile and he was able to notice that too. "Food trip?" Her face lighted up, truthfully this time. "Let's go."

At that moment, all her worries magically went away. She stood before him and nodded. Jimin knew exactly what would cheer her up and he's happy he was able to do it.

They left and rode Jimin's car. "Unbelievable." Lisa muttered.

Jisoo and the others came and helped in preparing the place for the night. "Hello!" A sudden greeting surprised them. Ashley came in, frustrating Lisa the most. "Hope I'm not disturbing you guys?"

"My mood just got ruined." Lisa said and continued wiping the tables. "I mean, why won't she just spend her time inside her club instead of hanging out with us?"

Ashley heard what she said and sighed. "We're cleaning up. Making sure the place looks good tonight. We're a bit busy Ash.." Namjoon worriedly said.

"No, it's okay. I'll help." They looked at each other. "I have nothing else to do, really."

"Umm.. O-okay.. Sure." Jin said with a nod. "Is she sure about this?" He whispered to Namjoon and he just shrugged.

Jennie scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Who is she trying to impress?" She quietly said.

Ashley smiled and went straight to where Jungkook was. "What the fuck?" Lisa was so close to running towards them but Jisoo quickly stopped her. "Soo, can't you see what she's doing?"

"She's just helping. And you should finish your work too. Don't worry about Ashley. I'll keep a close eye on her. Calm down." Lisa couldn't seem to calm herself. Her blood kept boiling, seeing how close she was to him.

"I don't think she has good intentions.."

"You're overreacting, Lis. Your jealousy is really getting into you. You should learn to control that. If Ashley tries to flirt with Jungkook, I myself will be the one to tell her that she isn't part of our group anymore." Jisoo said and walked closer to where the two were standing. She had her eyes and ears on alert in case she notices something.

Lisa heavily sighed and looked away. She angrily wiped the tables clean and looked at them from time to time.

"Hello." Ashley said as she help him arrange the decorations in the far right of the restaurant. Jungkook gave a quick smile and moved a bit away from her. But Ashley took a step closer to him. Jungkook cleared his throat and focused on his work. "How long have you been dating Lisa?"

He had no idea where that question was headed but he still answered nevertheless. "Since highschool."

"Hmm.. What did you like about her?" Jisoo who was listening to them felt she was being suspicious. How Ashley keeps moving closer to him while Jungkook is trying his best to move away without making her feel offended.

"Just because." He answered.

Seems like Yoongi also knows what's going on so he walked towards them and told Jungkook to leave the chore to him. Lisa sighed in relief and pulled Jungkook away from there.

"I thought I was gonna explode. I was really gonna explode any second." She said and glared at Ashley who is now twice a meter away from Yoongi. "What did she say to you? Did she flirt with you?"

"I don't think it was flirting. She only asked me how long our relationship was and what I liked about you. I didn't answer specifically since we just met her."

"Smartass." She complimented.

Jennie who was wiping the windows was looking at Ashley. "It's obvious that she likes Jungkook. And it's obvious that she was making a move." She said.

"How would you know?" Taehyung asked. "I watched too and they were only talking."

She looked at him and crossed her arms. "Maybe you forgot that I know a lot of things in that area? I know because I've done it many times, and they worked for me. I can't believe she's actually acting according to how I imagined."

"You're scary. But why do I suddenly have this feeling that you're waiting for something to happen?"

"I'm really impressed with the same mind we share, Kim Taehyung." She looked at Ashley again. "I'm waiting for the day she decides to leave the group herself. With my Lili's attitude? She'll be out by next week. She doesn't know she's inside devils' den."

--
😏