⛓Chapter 4: M

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

"Oh look. It's that Ashley girl again. Yay." Jennie said with full sarcasm and took out her phone. "I just don't know why I hate seeing her."

"Don't be a bitch, Jennie. She's really nice, you know?" Chaeyoung said and pulled out a chair to sit beside her. "Be nice to her, please?" She said with her sparkling eyes. Jennie turned her head and looked at her. "Please?"

"Ugh. Fine. Whatever." Chaeyoung was more than happy to see how she succeeded in charming Jennie. She's one of Jennie's weaknesses and she's one lucky girl because of it.

"Good morning!" Ashley greeted and went in. The four guys who were cleaning the place turned their heads to where she was standing. "I didn't have anyone to talk to at my place. Can I stay with you guys for a while?"

Namjoon looked at Hoseok and Hoseok looked at Jin. "Uh.." was all he could come up with. "Yoongs?" He asked and looked at the guy cleaning the tables. But Yoongi only shrugged and continued his work.

"I guess you're all busy.." Ashley quietly murmured.

"No! It's okay!" Chaeyoung shouted and ran to her. "You guys.. She got no one to talk to. Are you really gonna let her leave?" Jennie placed her phone on the table and crossed her arms. "Jennie?"

"You heard Rosie." She looked at Ashley with a straight expression. "Let her in." She kicked the chair across the table for Ashley to use. "I have some questions for you anyway."

Ashley smiled and she and Chaeyoung went to their seats. "Hi." She shyly greeted and looked away. Jennie's aura can always scare the people who didn't know her fully. It seems like she would attack whoever's talking to her.

"We didn't talk that much yesterday. I was tired and I don't like visitors. But I'll go straight to the point, Ashley Park." Ashley gulped and looked at her. "What are your intentions?"

"My..intentions?" She asked, looking confused.

"Jen.." Chaeyoung said and held onto Jennie's arm. "Don't be mean to her like that."

"I'm not being mean, Rosie. I simply want to know what she's after." Jennie faced Ashley once again. "Answer me honestly. A lot of people took us for granted and I don't want that to happen again."

"Straight to the point? I want to be friends with all of you too." They all stopped whatever they were doing and looked at her. "I don't have a family and my so-called friends would also take me for granted just because of my fame and because I own Rain Palace. All I want is genuine friendship."

Jennie blinked and turned to the guys who are cleaning the windows. She mouthed a 'what the fuck' with her brows furrowed.

"That's the first.." Namjoon said and chuckled.

Jennie faced her once again. "Why us? You just met us yesterday. What did you like about our circle?"

"I just liked how honest everyone was and how all of you are being yourselves. Every person I met was always nice to be and they suddenly say bad things about me behind my back."

"You're saying you like mean people? Well that is.. My specialty." A sneaky smile escaped Jennie's lips. "Let's wait for the others. I can't decide about this on my own. Come back tonight?"

"Woah! I've never seen this side of yours, Jen! Wait 'til Lisa hears about this." Jin said and laughed with Namjoon. "She'll blow up!"

"Actually.. Lisa hates you." Chaeyoung started. "She thinks you like Jungkook. She's super protective about him. You don't really like him, right?"

"J-Jungkook? Well.. O-of course not." Ashley answered and looked away. But deep down, she knows she does.

Hours passed and it was closing time. Jisoo, Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook and Lisa went inside Jin's restaurant and were all surprised to see Ashley there.

"Why is she here again?" Lisa asked, annoyed by her presence. "And Jennie, why are you smiling? Bitch, you never smile." Jungkook quickly came to her and hugged her back.

"Calm down." He whispered and walked her to the far end of the table to stop her from attacking Ashley.

Taehyung on the other hand pulled the chair beside Jennie. He sat down and whispered. "You asked her to come, did you? The way you smile tells me you did."

"Good job." She said and pinched his cheek.

"What are you up to again? Lisa was right. You never smile." She only shrugged and slowly flipped her hair.

"Everyone who just arrived," Jin started and stood up. "The guys and I witnessed Jennie's act of kindess this morning and she invited Ashley for tonight's dinner. Also, Ashley wants to say something." He sat down and crossed his arms.

"I have to stand?" She asked and Chaeyoung happily nodded. Ashley did as she's told and cleared her throat before speaking. "Um.. Yesterday when I came, I was impressed of how you treat each other. I admire your friendship and I.. I-I wanted to be a part of it..if you allow me to."

"Over my dead body! No!" Lisa shouted and looked at Jisoo. "Soo.." Jisoo looked at Jennie and she just shrugged with a little smile.

"I guess Jennie approves." Jisoo said then looked at Lisa. "I don't know but.. What do you guys say? Joon? Jin?"

"Approve." Both of them said.

"Like what people say, the more the merrier!" Hoseok said and raised is empty glass. "Welcome to the fam, Ashley Park."

Everyone excluding Lisa, Jimin and Taehyung applaused. "This is crazy." She turned to her boyfriend and he was clapping his hands as well. "Kook, you too?"

"There's nothing wrong about it, Lis." He said. "If you're thinking that I might like her, stop. No one can change our relationship. I promise you that."

All she did was sigh. She can never be sure of what changes Ashley would bring. "I just.. I just have a bad feeling about her." She told herself and forced herself to clap.

--
Update!!😄 I'm happy some like the story so far..so I'll do what I can to keep it up and come up with good stuff for the story💓 I'll keep it interesting as I can😅