⛓Chapter 62: N

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

"Did an ambulance show up? There was someone in there." Jennie asked those people who gathered. When she came, the whole place already crumbled. She just hoped Lisa was rescued.

"There wasn't any ambulance. Are you sure someone was stuck there, Miss? No one heard any cry for help." Jennie furrowed her brows.

Does that mean Lisa was saved? Or taken? She was lost in her thoughts when she heard her phone ring. It was an unregistered number so she hesitated to answer. But she knew she had to. "Who's calling?"

'Jennie!!' It was Lisa's voice and she was crying.

"Lalisa! Where are you?! I'm here at the hospital but they said they didn't see you inside. How did you come out?"

'Golden fucking Cage came after you left. Listen to me Jen, these idiots are telling me to convince you to stop looking but don't you ever think that way-- ah!!' Liss shouted in pain after a loud slap, alarming Jennie. 'A-and the others are not here either--"

The call was suddenly cut. Lisa was spilling information about them so for the sake of their plan, they had to make her stop.

Jennie's hands were trembling. "They really took her.. If only I didn't leave her there.." Her tears started forming and ran to leave that place.

Back at the house, Jisoo and Taehyung are still having a hard time communicating. It's been hours since their arguement and they still can't make up. "Tell Jennie to come here. She missed eating breakfast and lunch. That girl should be hungry."

Taehyung didn't give any reply but went to Jennie's room nonetheless. "Jen?" He knocked and waited for her to open up. "It's dinner time. You should come out now." He waited for a little longer but she wasn't responding. "Look, if you're still mad-" He opened the door but stopped after not seeing her anywhere. "Min Jennie?" He noticed something tied up to her bed and quickly checked where it led. "Shit."

He went downstairs and took his coat before leaving. "Where are you going? Where's Jennie?"

"She left through the window. I assume she went back to the hospital."

"For Pete's sake.. You stay here and I'll go. As if you ever care about Jennie.."

"Don't doubt my concern for her, Jisoo. If there's anyone in this house that I prioritize the most, it's her." He didn't let Jisoo say anything anything and left the house.

"Of course. Even lying to her for her safety, tsk." She looked at her cup of instant noodles and sighed. "If Jin was here, he'd scold me for eating instant food again."

Taehyung did come to the hospital and looked for Jennie. There wasn't anyone except for those useless police. He continued driving and thought where could she be. "Jisoo said Jennie should be hungry by now.."

The rain suddenly started falling. It was getting stronger and he became more worried for her. He increased his driving speed and went to the nearest 24-hour store. There he found her sitting on one of the vacant parking signs, hugging her knees while looking lifelessly at the road.

He took off his coat and used it to cover himself from the rain. He ran towards Jennie and covered it on her. She looked up and and immediately stood up to hug him. "She's gone.. They took her.." She cried. "I shouldn't have left. I had the chance to save her."