⛓Chapter 34:

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

Jennie quickly went back inside her room after their discussion. What she saw last night kept bothering her and it's causing her ignore him. She just hoped he wouldn't notice.

Contrary to what she just hoped, she heard a knock on her door and a, "Jen? Are you here?" was heard from Taehyung.

"Exactly when I want to stay away from him.." She murmured to herself and opened the door. "Hey." She said, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Jen, is something wrong? You've been staying away from me. Did I say anything last night? Or.. Did I do anything to upset you?" He asked.

Jennie didn't know if she should mention the pictures. It could be an invasion of privacy even if she knew she only saw those on accident. "It's my concern. You don't have to worry about it."

"I will worry about it if you don't tell me. What's the point of all this when you can't share your problems with me? I can help you."

How would I be able to say that my problem was him?

"It's just.. About this dating thing.. Are you sure about this? Taehyung, we can't date if we don't have mutual feelings for each other. That would only cage us away from the people we trully love."

"Don't you like me?" A straightforward question. Jennie looked away in an instant. She knows she's starting to like him, only she doesn't want to admit, but it's not her she was talking about.

"It's..it's not that- I mean, I do.. No, no, what I meant was it's not that I don't like you but I'm not talking about myself here. I'm just worried that maybe you like someone else and I'm getting in the way."

"So you do like me?" He asked with a teasing yet amazed expression.

"What? Tae, this is not about me. I'm talking about you. Maybe you don't like me." He suddenly snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her for a kiss. Jennie was taken aback and left her eyes wide open.

"Haven't I told you about that already?" He asked, parting their lips. "You're the one I like. You don't need to worry about anything." Taehyung cocked his head to the side and continued kissing her.

It's big news to him. Finally, Jennie learned to feel the same way. Jennie on the other hand, wasn't sure if he's being honest. She still had that doubt but she chose to believe him for now.

The day after that, Candy arrived from Italy but all she was worried about is how Lisa would react. They didn't separate in good terms that day. Even if she's successful and rich now, she never felt complete and satisfied.

"Candy?" Namjoon asked after opening the door for her. "You're Candy, right?"

"Is she here?" Jisoo and the others went out. "Oh. It's really you." She couldn't hide her frustrations from her. Candy did come to help them but that doesn't give her enough reason to befriend her or even show a bit of kindness.

"Jisoo." Candy said, getting familiar with everyone. "You..all live in the same house?" She asked, getting confused with almost everyone outside to see her.

"Get your nose out of it. That's not part of your business here." Jisoo said, drawing a line between them.

"Right. I understand. Is Lisa here? I've been wanting to see her. Even if I can't talk to her, it's fine. I just haven't seen her in years."