⛓Chapter 59: T

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

The moment he woke up, all he heard was the beeping of the machine beside him. The room was quiet and no one was there but him on the hospital bed.

He looked at the clock across him and found that it was almost night time. "How long was I here?" A whisper to himself. He tried to recall what happened earlier and remembered himself taking out those goons. "Jungkook." He suddenly said. "Is he here too?"

He forced himself to sit and searched for his phone around him but it wasn't anywhere to be found. Then, a male nurse came in. "Sir, you're awake?"

"Obviously not." Taehyung said in a weak but sarcastic tone. "Who brought me here? Was it my friend?"

"No, a group of teenagers saw you unconscious in Neon Street and called an ambulance to take you here. I don't think they saw anyone else." The nurse said. Taehyung had his brows furrowed and tried to recall once again what happened. "I'll bring the doctor." The nurse said and left.

"They didn't see him there?" Taehyung asked himself. "This only means they took him. They took him but what am I doing here?"

The doctor came after a minute and immediately checked him. "Good thing you were brought here before you lost a lot of blood in your head. Do you feel any pain?" He asked.

"Not that painful. But do you have my phone? I need to call my friends."

"We already did-"

Before the nurse could finish answering, Lisa and Jennie came running to his room, both with worried faces. "Taehyung!" Jennie shouted and rushed towards him. "What happened to you?"

"Where's Jungkook?" Lisa asked. "I had a bad feeling when we came here. Is he okay? Which room is he staying at?"

Taehyung didn't know what to say to her. "Can you leave us for a moment?" He asked the doctor and the both of them left, closing the door.

"Tae. Where's Jungkook?" Jennie asked this time.

"We were fighting with the goons before this happened. I don't know what happened to him but when I asked the nurse, he said those people who brought me here probably didn't find him there. There's only thing I could think of right now. I'm sorry."

Lisa felt a heavy feeling in her chest. "No. You're not serious. That can't happen. I risked my life to save him but they took him again? Isn't this person tired of taking those important to me? They took Chaeyoung now him?!" Jennie immediately hugged her tight after seeing Lisa's tears. "Jen, I'm getting tired of this! I want to kill whoever that devil is!! Why won't they just stop?!"

"We're gonna find him. We will find all of them, Lis. Now calm down. I know exactly how you feel. It's suffocating and weakening you but that won't be of any help. This should make us stronger. We need to stick together until the end." She pulled away and wiped Lisa's tears. "You know that I'd just insult you when you cry, right? Do you want me to insult you, Lili?" Jennie tried to make her feel better. "I'm very good at that, remember?"

"But this is different. Knowing he's with the killer is much more difficult for me than when Candy abandoned me in that orphanage. I need him."

"I know that very well. But if you keep crying, all you'll every think of are black and foggy thoguhts. You need to pull yourself together. If we find Jisoo then it's just the four of us and the four of us will end this."

"Four of us minus the killer. Now I know why Jisoo left. Sticking together and knowing each other's plans is a big benefit for whoever's behind this. I really don't know who to trust."

Lisa left the room, wiping her tears away. But that didn't stop her from crying. She doesn't know where to go. She felt so alone, even if she knows two of those three are innocent, she couldn't bear to face them.

"Is she gonna be fine? It's very dangerous for her to walk around this hour." Taehyung said.

"But I can't leave you. Who do you expect me to prioritize right now?"

"Jen." He seriously called. "I survived death itself. I'll be fine right here. Lisa needs you more. And we have to find Jisoo fast or the killer's gonna win this. Please." He said.

Jennie sighed heavily and nodded. "I'll keep an eye on her but I can't talk to her right now. Sometimes, a silent time for thinking wakes us up. That's exactly what I learned after what happened between Jisoo and I."

"Be careful." He reminded before Jennie left the room to look for Lisa.

It was night and the sun's no longer shining. What made it worse was when the rain decided to pour. "Honestly. Could this day get any worse?" She was only wearing her white shirt and black jeans so she had nothing to cover her body. She had no choice but hug her shivering self.

Jennie kept walking and walking until she found Lisa sitting all by herself inside a 24 hour store across the street with a cup of instant noodles in front of her. She sighed in relief and crossed the road.

Like she said, she didn't want to bother Lisa's thoughts and stayed away. "Oooh.. Milk." She noticed a box of strawberry milk inside the refrigerator beside her. "I'm quite hungry as well." She took it and went to the counter. She took out her leather wallet and got her money.

"Thank you." The lady in black hoodie wearing her hood, standing in front of her said to the cashier. Jennie furrowed her brows thinking the voice belonged to Jisoo.

When the lady turned around, their eyes met and that's when she knew her thoughts were right. "Soo."

"Jennie?" They looked at each other for a few seconds before Jisoo turned away.

"No, Jisoo." Jennie quickly took her hand. "You need to come back. We really need you."

"You're not mad at me?" Jisoo wondered.

"Of course not. I'm setting my pride and selfishness aside for the sake of everyone so please come back... They took Jungkook this time."

"What? But they just took Yoongi yesterday- Why am I even asking.. Why are you here alone? Where are Taehyung and Lisa?"

"Lisa's taking her time to think over there and Taehyung's at the hospital. They encountered those goons in Neon Street and he's injured. We badly need your help, Soo. Even the police aren't willing to help us."

"There's nothing we could get from those jerks. I'm starting to think they're working for the killer." She sighed and nodded. "I'll come home if you're damn sure you're okay with it?"

"I'm so damn willing. We need you, bitch. We can't do this alone."

Jisoo quietly giggled and hugged her. "Then we're back on business."

--
Guys! Have you watched the movie "Knives Out"?? I just finished watching it and it was lit! I like movies like that. Just my taste😅 You know..plot twists and stuff..??😉 If you have time to spare, it's a really good exercise for the brain😊

And ye, I told you guys to trust me, right?😄 If you know me and my stories, you would probably guess what's gonna happen in the near end parts😏

Also, please vote for either or both bts and blackpink in the SMAs💓