⛓Chapter 68:

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

"You don't understand! Someone is after us and she took Jennie when the blackout happened! I need to find her!" The nurses were all trying to bring him back inside. Taehyung kept insisting them to let him leave so he can find her. The only problem was he was too unstable. He might faint and fall any second and no one wants that except Ashley.

The doctor had no other choice but inject him Propofol to make him stop. It was for his own good. If he leaves there in that state to find Jennie, he's only making it easier for Ashley to take all of them. He lost consciousness and his doctor advised the nurses to keep an eye on him. He won't be stopped once he's determined.

That being done, he had to wait for his total recovery and get discharged so he can start searching for Jennie.  Of course, he was frustrated and every time he sees the door opening, he had thoughts of leaving. Who knows what Ashley has done to Jennie now?

After a week, he was finally discharged and he didn't waste a second and went to the police immediately. He had hopes they would believe him now, now that he knows who's behind his friends' disappearance. 

"I clearly told your friends that you are all not allowed to go here anymore. What can't you understand from that? Aren't you gonna stop pestering us over your silly tricks?!" The chief shouted.

"Listen to me! Ashley Park's body that was found buried wasn't her real body. It was some else's and she only used it to make us believe that she's dead. She's not. She's alive and well and she's the one who kept taking my friends! You need to double check. I'm sure there was a mistake in your investigation. She's alive." Taehyung explained but the officer only chuckled and placed his cup of coffee on his desk.

"You're saying we did a lousy job in handling Ms. Park's murder case?"

"Yes!" He truthfully and proudly answered. "Did you check the corpse thoroughly? Was it even proved that it was legit? Did the DNA and fingerprints matched Ashley's? How can you all be so sure that she's dead? I saw it with my own eyes. I saw HER torturing my friend! You need to believe me. I need your help to catch her!"

The chief crossed his arms and looked at him seriously. "Look here, kid. You can't just barge in and tell me that Ashley Park is alive and believe you just because you say so. Do you have evidence? A picture or a recording, perhaps?" Taehyung felt downgraded. The chief was right. He had nothing to prove himself. "See? Ashley Park is dead so stop coming here spitting nonsense again."

"But my friends.. What are you gonna do with them? They're all missing and until now, you still don't have anything, not a single information or update about them. Don't tell me you find that made-up too? I won't be this mad if I'm just shitting with you...mister." The chief scoffed and seriously looked at him. "What? You have nothing to say? Guilty as I expected." He angrily slammed the desk causing the chief's coffee to spill all over the papers. "Useless."

Taehyung had no choice but to leave without getting the police's support that he hoped for. He kept walking and walking and followed where his feet took him until he found himself staring outside Seokjin's restaurant. Before he knew it, his tears came rushing down. He was the only one there now. He's all alone. 

The long table at the middle caught his eyes. Every minute spent with all of them was all his happy memories. The late night dinners. The late night jokes and laughs. The late night talks with them. It takes him back to when all of them are still happy and together... When all of them are all living the life without any problems... When all of them were just...them having fun...together. 

He remembered how Jin would tease the hell out of his sister and Jisoo would chase him all over the place, aiming the mop at his ass. Then there's Namjoon who would try to keep things in order but would fail most of the time. Yoongi would only flash a so done look with all their foolishness but deep inside he loves it when they're like that. 

Jimin would suddenly go to Chaeyoung out of the blue and have sweet chit-chats with her. Hoseok will also be there to cheer on the both of them just to annoy his sister. 

And of course, Jungkook and Lisa flirting in one corner. He admits, he gets bitter most of the time because he had his little crush on her. What can he do though? He can't just snatch Lisa away from the guy she loves the most. She was happier and contented with Jungkook so why else would he ruin their story? 

Lastly, the person he never imagined he would lose in the end. He was always with Jennie. She was the only person he can relate to. She was the only person who didn't find his attitude a flaw to their friendship. They understood each other so well, even being labeled as twins. She was almost his other half. 

But everything's gone now. They're all gone and it's just him, standing outside the place where they built their precious memories. It's just him now and he doesn't know what to do. He wants them back so badly but he doesn't know where to continue. He kept crying and thought how much he needed them to keep himself going. "I wish we are all still together. I miss you.."  

Taehyung broke in tears and immediately looked away. He continued walking and decided to go to Lighthouse. It was too early in the morning so his staff won't be there right now. He's free to show his emotions and shout all his anger out. 

He pulled out a chair and placed his head on the table with both his hands covering his face. He cried his heart out, remembering how it felt when he was with his friends. "How am I supposed to find all of you all by myself? Why did it have to be me? I don't know anything.."

Just when he thought he had the place all to himself, he heard the door open. 

"We're still closed.  Can't you read the sign? Get out." He said without facing back, trying not to show his anger. "I'm not accepting customers today. You better go before I lose my temper."

Contrary to what he ordered,  he still heard the person opening one of the fridges and taking out a drink. People these days.. 

"I told you to leave! Is it that hard to understand?!" He finally lost it and shouted. He was not in the mood for a disobedient customer at that sensitive moment. 

"And I told you to hide but you still went to the police and wasted your time and effort. Tell me which one of us is more ignorant, Kim Taehyung." 

--

I'm actually using my laptop to write this chapter and I'm accompanied by the same song I used in the previous chapter😅 I don't know, I'm just addicted to it when I heard it from the actual movie🥰

I did say I'll try to update everyday so even if it's very late, I'm still here HAAHHAHAH Anyway, I hope you like the chapter and you can already imagine what happens after🤭💚