⛓Chapter 42: R

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

"How are they?" Jennie asked the moment Jisoo and Yoongi came back. "Is the operation done?"

"Joon's safe but unfortunately Jin's still in a critical condition." Jisoo replied and sighed. "He was shot twice and the bullet almost affected some of his organs. The doctors are asking us to be patient." She said with a trembling tone. Her worriedness was written all over her face. She and Jin may act like cats and dogs but the bond they had was still there. "I can't believe this is happening."

"How's Taehyung? Hasn't he woken up yet?" Yoongi asked and stood beside Taehyung's bed. "Look how innocent he looks. It's as if he would never commit a single sin in his life." Yoongi said, admiring the younger's appearance.

"He sleeps like a prince, Yoongs. Stop drooling over him. He's taken by your sister." Jisoo scolded and sat on the couch.

"I'm not drooling." Yoongi defended and sat beside her. "So what do we do now? We can't stop looking for those three."

"I was just thinking about that. Considering how Namjoon wants my hands off this case.. I don't really know much. Those two did all the work without telling me the things they've found."

"I can help you, Soo." Candy said. "Besides, Namjoon had our theories written on his journal. He's pretty much against this but we have no choice. I'm also leaving in three days. I can't lose my job."

"And we have limited time. Why the heck did they have to be in that condition..exactly when we need their brains? But at the same time, it was an accident. I can't keep blaming them." Jisoo looked up to Candy. "Can you give me a run-through of what you've discussed?"

"Of course. Let's talk outside." Candy said and left with Jisoo.

"So what am I supposed to do? Keep staying here and just wait like before?" Yoongi complained, very frustrated with the fact that he couldn't do anything to help.

"Taehyung?" Jennie suddenly said. She was holding his hand when she felt him hold her hand too. "Tae.. Tae are you awake?"

"What's happening?" Lisa asked and the others came close to them. "Did he talk?"

"No, he.. He held my hand." Jennie answered and looked at him again. "Taehyung? I'm here. We're here." Taehyung slowly opened his eyes and look at them. "Taehyung!" Jennie shouted and hugged him immediately.

Jisoo and Candy came back in after hearing Jennie's scream. "Is he awake?" Jisoo asked and ran towards them. "Kim Taehyung." She saw her brother's eyes open and she couldn't be more happier than that moment.

"You're fine..you're awake.." Jennie said in a muffled voice. She had her face on the crook of his neck while crying. Taehyung slowly moved his arms to hug her, making her cry harder.

"We won't leave each other, remember?" He quietly said and brushed her hair softly.

"Unbelievable. Cheesy kids are at it again.." Yoongi said and turned away. He just saw his sister getting all lovey-dovey with her boyfriend! He might go, 'blech' in a second and ruin the moment. Those two needed it and he knows that.

Night time came and they were grouped in twos to look after Jin and Joon who are still unconscious. Of course, Jennie and Jisoo are staying in Taehyung's room, Yoongi and Jungkook were in Jin's and surprisingly, Lisa went with Candy to look after Namjoon.