⛓Chapter 35: D

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

"We saw this at the parking lot. Unfortunately no one saw anything and there wasn't any cctv around. We could use a car's dash cam but there were only three cars parked and none has it." Namjoon explained.

"Then who could've put this there?" Jisoo asked and looked at everyone in the room. "You're scaring me. I could be looking at you right now and you're probably laughing at our innocence." She said and faced Namjoon again. "Like I said before. No one's gonna leave the house. No matter what your need is, never get out."

"You heard her. It's for our safety. By the way, where's Candy? Did you already tell her about what happened?" He asked.

"Yep. She's in the kicthen, eating. She said she hasn't eaten her breakfast when she left because she wanted to see her sister so badly." Jisoo whispered and looked at Candy eating cup noodles. "I just don't understand her."

"Let's let her rest for the time being. We can start the discussions tomorrow." Yoongi suggested. "We need to cool down the tension. We can't be productive if he have something against one another." Yoongi went to his room, followed by the others.

"I think I should talk to Candy for a bit. Yoongi was right. I do hate her because of what she did to Lisa until now. I think I need some clarifications from her personaly." Jisoo told Namjoon and went to the kitchen.

"Well, I guess you and I need to sort out the things we have for tomorrow's talk." Namjoon said to Jin and headed to their garden. It's becoming their little headquarters for some time.

"Ahem!" Jisoo cleared her throat and pulled out a chair across Candy. She immediately wiped her lips with a handkerchief and placed the cup noodles aside. "I need to talk to you about Lisa." She straightforwardly asked.

"S-sure. What is it you want to know about?"

"Why did you decided to leave her? Why were you so mean to her back then? She only wanted a sister to look after her. You're the only family she had."

"Jisoo, it's not an easy task. I was only fifteen. I know nothing about raising her. I wasn't independent. I'm not even sociable and I was scared of the world. I can't take care of her even if I want to. I left her there for her own good..so she's safe. She's not starving and she would have medicine if she's sick. While I lived in the streets, ate one bread a day, and almost got kidnapped while looking for a job. I planned to take her back after I save up for the both of us but I was too late."

"I.. Didn't know.."

"But I'm actually happy that you took her in. A decent family who treated her like one of them. And Lisa's happy with you. I did regret leaving her like that..mad at me. But I know she's well and it's what matters most."

Jisoo saw how Candy teared up. She really must've meant well. Sister to sister, I think I understand her. "Shouldn't you talk to Lisa about this?"

"There's no need for that. Besides, I only came here to help you look for that mystery person and see Lisa again. I'm not gonna ask you if I can take her or something. She belongs with you." Candy smiled bitterly and took her food, standing up. "I'll just get some water. I got a bit emotional for a second, haha.."

"Sure, go ahead."

Candy went over to the dispenser and took a glass of water. Jisoo looked at her and accidentally saw red scars around her ankle.

"Candy?" She turned around and looked at Jisoo. "I'm saying sorry in advance if this is a sensitive topic." She looked at Candy's ankles again. "Where did you get that?"

"Oh! Uh.." She quickly sat down. "It's a little accident when I was working. It's healing though. Not a problem."

"Candy." Jisoo seriously called. "I don't want secrets around this house. I've had enough secrets. You could be our guest but you're gonna live with us. Being the oldest doesn't make any difference either."

"It's not something I want to talk about. All I can tell you is that I'm trying to forget that memory. I'll.. Head to Chaeyoung's room to unpack."

Jisoo sighed. "Okay." Seems like a bad memory. But what bad memory exactly?

Candy placed her glass on the sink and went to Chaeyoung's room. Jin and Jisoo decided to let her stay there for the meantime.

"Soo." Lisa called and went out of her room. "I thought she'd never leave." She sat on where Candy sat a while ago. "What were you talking about? It looked serious. Did I really see her cry?"

"I think you should hear her out, Lis. She had good intentions." Jisoo said, causing Lisa to furrow her brows. "I talked to her about what happened between the both of you and I learned why she did it."

"And you believe her? Just like that?" Jisoo sighed. It was a sister to sister instinct. It's like she suddenly understood Candy's feelings and thoughts after their talk. "She might have swayed you with her noted down and memorized speech but not me."

"Lisa. Why exactly do you think she's a bad person? What incident made you think like that? What specific action did she do?" Jisoo asked, trying to change Lisa's perspective.

"She left me. She abandoned me and that's enough reason why."

"It's not enough reason. You should give Candy a chance to explain. She has no plans of taking you with her but she doesn't want you and her to be in bad terms. Talk to her. She can explain everything. You would understand."

Lisa was silent as if she's taking her time to think about it. "Maybe not anytime soon. I still hate to face her." She went back inside her room, closing the door.

"She actually wants to have a heart to heart conversation with Candy. She's just to stubborn to say it." Jisoo mumbled. "Why else would she ask about why Candy cried?"

She heavily sighed and was heading to her room upstairs when she started realizing something. "The scar.."

"She's not starving and she would have medicine if she's sick. While I lived in the streets, ate one bread a day, and almost got kidnapped while looking for a job."

"Could it be.." She turned around and looked at Chaeyoung's room where Candy was staying at. The door was open and Candy is folding her clothes on the bed. "Candy wasn't almost kidnapped, was she?"

--
Congratulations to our boys for their awards in MMA💖🎉 Their performance was lit and I was squealing the whole time😅 The Black Swan performance--acckkk I just love it!!💕 You'll know if you watched it😏

Blackpink also won the Best Female Dance and Top 10 in MMA💓🎊 So proud.. Good thing MMA didn't do crap to them but Treasure..ah..I'm disappointed😔

And MAMA voting just ended.. Blackpink is leading in voting but there's still the judges' opinion. They can turn things around but let's have faith!! I hope they give blackpink what they deserve😌🙏