⛓Chapter 25: C

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

Taehyung unknowingly brought himself to Neon Street. He just kept driving with his window down to feel the breeze. He needed to get away and breathe and so he did.

In the middle of his drive, he noticed several cars behind him. He almost felt they were following him but he shook those thoughts off and focused on driving.

He didn't mind them until things felt suspicious. It's been almost an hour but the cars were still tailing his back. His heartbeat raced and drove faster. He looked at the rear view mirror from time to time and those cars are stil behind him. His suspicions were right.

"Shit." He stepped on the pedal and increased his speed. The cars that were following him did the same too and caught up with him. They were only a few inches behind the back of his car making Taehyung feel nervous.

He tried to lose them through passing through narrow and empty roads but that didn't help at all. He had the idea of going to the main road but unfortunately, a black car blocked Neon Street's exit.

Taehyung had no choice but to turn around but those black cars blocked the road as well. His hands trembled in fear. He had nowhere else to go.

"Come on, Taehyung. Think!" He looked at his sides to find out that he was in between two buildings. "That's it. I have no choice." He took off his seatbelt and left his car immediately.

He crossed the road, running to the building on his left. A loud crashing sound was suddenly heard and when he looked back, he saw his car crushed by those black cars. Men in all black clothes went out from their vehicles and started to run towards him.

Taehyung internally panicked and continued running. He accidentally entered a dead-end alleyway and tried to go back. But before he could, two of those guys came to him.

"Who are you and who do you work for?!" He angrily asked but the only response he got was a punch in the face. "Now you've done it."

He put on his fierce expression and punched the same guy who punched him. The other one tried to attack him but he managed to block his incoming fist and turned the oponent's arm around, hitting his stomach with his knee.

The first guy recovered from Taehyung's punch and tried to hit him again but with Taehyung's quick moves, he dodged his punch and kicked his opponent away. Before the second guy could attack him, Taehyung grabbed his shirt and pushed him against the wall. "Tell me who you're working for." He seriously asked.

"You ain't getting anything from me." The guy answered. "Even if you kill me right now, I'm not talking." With that answer, Taehyung hit his stomach with his knee once again and ran for his life before the others could find him there.

He tried looking for a way to get to the main road but the rest of the guys in black had the entrances and exits guarded.

Neon Street's neon lights are all in full brightness but since it's dark, he was able to quietly pass through crowds and restaurants, keeping his profile low as he can. "Someone call the police!" A person shouted.

Taehyung immediately knew what that person saw, his ruined and probably now flaming car. People rushed to the scene and news reporters came in an instant. Neon street is popular so an accident like this is a hot issue.

Because all exits and entrances are guarded, Taehyung had no other choice but to find him a safe place to hide. He passed by Jin's restaurant and he was thankful that no guy in black was around the vicinity.

He went in and sat on the far end of the place, near the glass wall. He took the menu book and covered his face, acting naturally. He looked around outside and a certain spot caught his attention. "That's where the pictures were taken." He whispered to himself, talking about the pictures in the red box.

He stood up and decided to go there. There was a building close to that spot. He looked up to look for the camera that caught him following Ashley. The building looked old and abandoned so he thought no cameras would be there anymore. He kept checking but there wasn't any.

"How did someone take those pictures then?" He asked. His phone suddenly rang, surprising him. He immediately went back inside the restaurant and answered his phone.

"Kim Taehyung!" Jisoo shouted. "Where are you?! Tell me you're safe." She worriedly said.

Taehyung sighed in relief. Finally, he could leave safely. "I'm okay. I'm in Jin's restaurant right now."

"We're coming, okay? Don't you dare leave or you're gonna get it, you sneaky little bastard!" She shouted.

Taehyung chuckled at his sister's angry voice and ended the call. He waited for them to arrive and when they did, Jisoo quickly hugged her brother.

"I thought you're the one who got into that accident. You scared me!" She hit his back with her hands pulled away. The bruise on his lips suddenly caught her attention. "Where did you get this?"

"They were following me. I think the killer ordered them to." Namjoon and Jisoo looked at each other, both confused of what he's saying. "The car you saw on the news was mine. They were chasing me and when they all cornered me, I had to get down and run to somewhere. I got into a fight but I also got away."

"You're telling us that the crushed car back there is yours?" Namjoon asked, facing him. "You're not making this up?"

"Joon, why would I make this up? Only a fool would plan his own death. I kept telling you. I'm not the one behind all this." Namjoon and Jisoo looked at each other again. "You have to trust me."

"We'll talk when we get home. Jennie's very worried. She wanted to come with us but I told her not to since Dane Dylan is still out somewhere. Yoongi's the one left there right now and I asked him to never let her leave whatever happens." Jisoo said.

"I'm glad you did. It's getting late. We really should go. I can't leave by myself because all those guys in black are guarding every entrance and exit."

"Jisoo and I didn't find anyone suspicious when we entered. They probably left already so we'll be safe." Namjoon assured.

They left the restaurant and rode Namjoon's car. Taehyung kept looking around to find those people but Namjoon was right. They weren't there anymore.

He suddenly remembered the spot he saw earlier and asked the same question. How did someone get those pictures when the supposed to be camera wasn't around? Something felt odd. He knew he might be framed because Yoongi warned him but he still doesn't know why. Whoever that person is might be someone who hates him a lot or just because he or she needed to conceal the truth and save his or her self.

--
I'm not following my update schedule anymore😅 It's actually 12 AM in our country right now, hehe..

Daily Reminder:
Please vote for bts and blackpink in MAMA!!📢