⛓Chapter 67: E

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

There wasn't a single vehicle within the vicinity. It was getting dark and the sun was starting to set.

Taehyung wanted to run and take her to the nearest hospital but he's also injured. The stab on his side keeps weakening him and he wanted to lie there and die but he's with Jennie and he's the only person who can save her.

He suddenly felt her hand clutching on his shirt. "Jen? Please don't give up right now. I won't let you die so stay awake." He had his tears forming by looking at her state. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you.."

"Just leave me and hide." Jennie quietly said and a tear fell to the side of her face. "Ashley would still come for us after this. Saving me will be of no use. You could still go."

"You saved me from that fire so don't expect me to give up on you right now. I'm not going to make another mistake to you." Just in time, a garbage truck was passing by, getting Taehyung's attention. "Help.. Help us!! Someone's here!" He shouted and the driver immediately noticed them. "Sir!"

"Oh good heavens! What happened to the both of you?" He asked and went down from the truck

"Long story. I need to get her to the hospital. She can't last any longer. We really need your help." The driver nodded and took them to the back of the truck.

"I'm sorry. The passenger's seat is too occupied. I haven't collected that much garbage yet so it's much convenient back here." The driver said and helped them get on. "I'll do what I can to reach there faster."

"Thank you sir. Thank you so much." Taehyung said, placing his arms around Jennie.

The driver started driving back to the main road and Taehyung can't help but feel a bit of hope.

"We're on the way there. It's gonna be fine and you'll be alright." He softly said and pulled her closer to him. "Stay with me, okay? Stay with me for a little longer."

His bleeding side suddenly ached more making him groan in pain. He immediately palmed it with his hands and squeeze his eyes shut. "Taehyung." Jennie worriedly called.

"No, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine as long as you're still awake.. You need to survive this. You're the only one I have left. I can't lose you too. You can't leave me like this. I wouldn't know what to do if you'll leave me too." His tears started falling.

Even after everything, he still couldn't care any less about her. They've been friends for so long and they shared their pains and struggles with each other for years. He did regret calling her things he knew she wasn't in the first place. He had all his anger piled up and ended up pouring all of them to her at that moment.

"I'm sorry.. I'll still try to earn your trust back so stay with me. I really don't want you gone. I couldn't. I've been with you for too long. I wouldn't know what I'll do if I fail to save you. Of all people, you just had to be the one suffering in this situation.."

He suddenly felt her hand hold his. "Hide." It was almost inaudible like a quiet whisper. "Just hide."

"I can't do that. I know who's behind this now. This is our chance to save everyone and stop Ashley's madness. If she's caught then it's over."

"Listen to me for once!" She shouted, gathering all the strength she's got. "You can't escape her. She's gonna kill you. You need to keep yourself hidden if you want to save the others."

"Jen, I can't-"

"We're here!" The truck stopped in front of the hospital and the driver immediately helped them get down. "I hope I was able to help."

"You've been a big help to us. Thank you, sir." The guy nodded and returned to his truck. Taehyung kept his face in mind so he could repay him one day. For now, he had to prioritize her.

When the nurses saw the both of them, they immediately brought a wheeled stretcher to bring her in. They took her to the emergency toom immediately.

He felt a sense of relief and sat, palming his side. He was still bleeding and he started to feel dizzy until he passed out. Thankfully, it happened after he made sure Jennie was safe.

Hours have passed and Taehyung woke up, finding himself laying on a hospital bed and wearing hospital clothes. They must've seen me unconscious. He thought but suddenly remembered her. "Wait.. Jennie." He immediately removed everything that was attatched to his body and left the room.

"Sir?" A nurse that was passing by saw him leave and ran after him. "Sir!"

"Where is she? I have to see her. Jennie.. I need to know if she's okay." The nurse assigned to him had no choice but to assist him. Taehyung was very determined and his cut was already treated.

"The doctors already transferred her to another room." The nurse took him to where Jennie was. His eyes glistened when he went in and found her peacefully sleeping on the bed.

"She's alright.. She fine.." A smile was plastered on his face. He slowly walked towards her bed and softly caressed he hair. "Jen." He said and kissed her forehead. He can't help himself and teared up again. He was still able to save her at that moment and it made him so happy.

"You need to return to your room, sir. The doctor will still check on you." He already knew Jennie was safe so he nodded and left with the nurse.

They returned to his room. The nurse went out to call the doctor and notify that he was awake.

Taehyung felt all his worries and frustrations drained out after seeing Jennie alright. He just doesn't know why he's so satisfied just because he saved her.

He was looking at the clock across the room. It's almost midnight.. Just then, all the lights went out. He was startled and immediately sat down. "What was that?" He tried to stand again and walk towards the door to see what's outside.

The hospital staff were running and panicking. "What happened?! Where are the lights?!" One male voice said.

"There might be a power shortage. Call the maintenance team! We can't lose a patient because of this!!" It was a female's voice this time.

Taehyung stopped and wondered. "Don't hospitals use generators? Why is this happening?" Then a thought hit him. "Min Jennie."

He quickly left and made his way back to Jennie's room in the dark. He didn't care about anyone he bumped on the way there. All he thought of was it wasn't a mere accident in the hospital. This could also be Ashley's doing. She must've known Jennie survived.

"Jennie!!" He called, panting and scared. All the flashlights around kept distracting him. He isn't fully well yet and he was stumbling and getting dizzy. But he kept going anyway. "Jennie!" He called once more.

He was almost to Jennie's room when the lights went back and everyone sighed in relief. He wanted to feel that way too but when he opened the door, all he saw was the blanket on the floor and the bed completely empty. She was gone.

--
I'm so sorry for the gaps in my updates😔 I'm way behind my school works this week so I'm quite busy..😩 I hope you guys understand..

This chapter doesn't have a good storyline because of the future events. I'll keep reminding everyone to TRUST ME😅 Oraaayytt??😁

Btw, I attached a really good song to this chap and you can play it while reading💕 Don't worry, it's not a clue this time😅

I hope this chapter's okay..😊