⛓Chapter 13: R

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

"Chae, are you sure you want to stay here? You can always finish your designs at your boutique." Jimin worriedly asked. Chaeyoung just shook her head and messed the other's hair.

"The boutique is too noisy to get inspiration from. Besides, I could just run to the kitchen if I get hungry. What's there to worry about?"

"Right, Jimin!" Hoseok shouted. "We're still going home later. It's not like you won't see her for years. Don't be so sentimental with my sister. She enjoys it that much."

"Hobi!" Chaeyoung shouted and threw the cushion at him. "Just go. I'll be okay." She eyed Hoseok and he just gave her a teasing smile. "You're annoying." She ran to her room, locking the door.

"What's with her?" Jimin asked which Hoseok replied with a shrug.

"You're an idiot if you don't notice it." Hoseok said, placing his hand on Jimin's shoulder.

"Kim Taehyung! Let's go." Jimin shouted and Taehyung came out of his room, wearing the hoodie he always borrowed from Jimin. "I should just give this to you if you like it that much." Taehyung happily nodded and left with the two.

Chaeyoung was alone in her room, making new designs for her shop. The others were on their way to their businesses or to Jin's restaurant to help him. For Chaeyoung, Mondays are always the day for her designs.

"Where did I put my art box?" She stood up and went upstairs to Jimin's room. There she found her art box, remembering that she left it there last night because he said he needed it to make something. "What did he do with this?"

She picked up the scattered crayons and placed them inside. Suddenly, a handkerchief inside his trash can caught her attention. Curious of what it was, she stood up and took it, only to find blood on one side.

"What's this? Is this paint or.." Her heart suddenly raced. "M-maybe he injured himself.." She shook the negative thoughts away and put it back inside. "Right, he could've cut himself or..or something."

She took her art box with her and went back to her room. Thoughts about what she saw kept bugging her until Jisoo, Taehyung, Yoongi, Jennie, Lisa and Jimin came home. It's almost five in the afternoon, and it's the first time they came home this early.

Chaeyoung couldn't stop her curiosity from growing any longer and decided to ask Jimin. "Chim," She started and came to him. "Can I ask you something?"

"Go on. What is it?"

"I went to your room earlier to get my art box when I noticed a handkerchief in your trash can." What Chaeyoung confessed caught the ears of the others in the room. "Did you throw it there?"

"Why would I throw a handkerchief in the trash can? And.. I have a trash can? Since when?" Chaeyoung scratched her head and wondered. He's right. He never keeps a trash can. "Ah, by the way, I'm meeting some of our grade school classmates at the club later. You want to come?"

"Club?" She looked down and shook her head. "I don't like going to those places."

He chuckled and held her shoulders. "It's not what you think it is. I'll be there so you don't have anything to worry about. I won't force you though. It's up to you." He left a smile and went to his room upstairs.