Chapter 17

I came out of my room and smirked. "Well don't you look dashing, my twin."

He side-eyed me as he fiddled with his tie. "Why do they have to like extra fancy? This sucks."

I giggled and turned him by his shoulders to help. "Snotty ass brats and their snotty ass parties. So boring... but the Season has just begun. Things always start off slow."

He sighed, raising his chin. "Hopefully we succeed before it gets too far in."

I finished and smoothed his collar. "Miss your mate already?"

He raised his eyebrows. "You don't?"

I stepped back, closing my eyes. "Every moment of everyday..."

He lifted my chin, his eyes were a common brown, just like his now curly hair. "We don't have to do this."

I smiled softly. "For you... we will. You deserve happiness Xavier, if this grants that, then it's well worth it."

He bit his lip. "You as much as me, Sis. This... this could change a lot for you and with the extra powers..."

I shook myself and twirled. "Leave it be. How do I look?"

He chuckled. "Plain... why did we choose such ordinary looks?"

I giggled. "Brown hair, brown eyes, nothing quite striking about our scents or appearance? You know why."

He chuckled and held his arm out to me. "Of course."

We made it to the pack house and saw the people milling about, the goal was to get in. Security was tight and for good reason. Some of the royal pack was here and they needed the protection. "Ready?"

He nodded. "Good thing we scoped stuff out beforehand."

We stepped into the shadow of the building and appeared in the bathrooms. "That will be the theme of most, now... Richard, will you be my escort?"

He smiled as we melded into the shadows and exited. "Of course, Lily."

I giggled as we came into the party. It was as boring as it looked to say the least. We were mostly overlooked which was good, we wanted information and nothing more. We needed bigger fish to reach our goal. Two tables to the left.

My brother nodded and we spilt off. I took a chair at a lone table nearby and got a drink, while he was on the wall. "... pack, they are deadly. I hope some of them show up."

"You mean with the mute girl?"

"Yeah, I've heard she's beautiful..."

I smirked, I liked deadly better. "She's also mated. Which is too bad, could have shown her a good time."

I forced myself not to roll my eyes as a girl scoffed. "Please, I doubt she's that good looking. Besides, she's supposed to have a kid with her brother."

Not this shit again. Are people really that disgusting?

I sipped slowly. Aw... you don't love me?

Forget it. You never helped with those rumors anyway.

I allowed myself a low chuckle as a man sat in front of me. "Alone tonight, beautiful?"

I smiled sweetly. "I am."

He smiled. "Would you like to dance?"

I met his gaze and spoke under my breath. "Go away."

He paused and blinked. "Maybe another time..."

I sighed as he walked away. "Bothersome mutts..." I noticed Xavier was having the same issue and sighed.