Chapter 8

I grabbed my shoulder as it was suddenly on fire and toppled to the floor. "E!"

William was there as I fought the tears from forming in my eyes. "What the..." It was nearly unbearable as it felt like the pain spread and Alastair howled in pain. It was all I could do not to lose consciousness as I started to feel like I lost something.

My heart sank as I struggled to get up and looked over at Violet, she was alive, but... something was wrong... different. "Vi-"

Her eyes sprang open and she sat up, moaning in pain as she gripped her own shoulder. "No... that bi..."

"Violet, what's going on?"

She was shaking, I couldn't tell if it was from fear or rage. Suddenly, I realized I couldn't feel her at all. "I suggest... everyone clear this room."

I tried to touch her, but she pulled away as heat radiated from her skin. "Vi-"

"Get out!"

A force I'd never experienced before shoved me and everyone else from the room and the door slammed. I could feel it after I caught my breath from hitting the wall. We were shaking, but that was the least of my worries as I felt something far more sinister happening just beyond the door. "Alastair what is this?"

I felt his fear and his rage. They... they are losing control...

I stumbled back to the door hissing as it burned my hand. "We have to stop it... I can't feel her... she co-"

He growled. You think I can't feel that! Whatever happened, it's not good and your panic isn't helping matters! Get in that room before they run!

I clenched my jaw. "And how the fuck am I supposed to do that!"

I knew I looked crazy arguing with my wolf, that didn't matter, I had to get to Violet. There were only two that could match her in magic... you need to figure out how to use yours fast.

I was thrown off my feet when the ground started shaking harder. "This is them? How?"

Who gives a fuck do you want your mate to vanish or not! The bond is severed. GET IN THERE NOW!

I froze. "Severed... what do you me-" Everything went still and Alastair howled in rage at my hesitation. I slowly got up and opened the door, heart breaking along with his.

I looked at the room, what wasn't turned to ash was stuck in the walls. "How could she..." I was worried as I sunk to my knees. "Why would she..."

Their gone...

I frowned. "Clearly I can see that!"

He growled. We need to find them.

His words registered, but something was still missing, I wanted to find Violet, but whatever had me following her, pulling me in her direction wasn't there. I didn't know where to begin. Are you a fucking wolf or not? Get off your ass and let's find our mates. If you don't, I'll do it for you.

I still couldn't move, I couldn't process everything that just happened. Why did it happen, what went wrong?

Alastair growled as he pushed me out of the way, furious at my shell shocked state. We shifted and he ran into the night, following the hardest scent he'd ever had to track.

***

Violet... where are we going?

"I don't know." I hissed at Amethyst for the twentieth time since I took flight.

She nodded slowly. So... when are we going back?

I kept my pace running to nowhere, feeling no one in pursuit. "Amethyst... I just can't right now."

She lazily laid down, watching me. This won't solve anything.

I clenched my jaw. "Weren't you the one that said we needed to go?"

She sighed. You would have destroyed the entire territory at the rate that you were going... I shut her out. She was right, the earthquake I was causing would have crumbled everything. Any longer in that room and everyone outside of it would have perished in the flames alone, not to mention the other elements. I don't know how long I ran before I came to a cliff with a waterfall and skidded to a stop.

I could could feel the ground trembling beneath my feet, but not as bad as it was. "I lost control..." I closed my eyes and took several deep breaths, trying to calm my frazzled nerves. When everything around me stilled, I looked around, letting Amethyst back into my thoughts. "She took them..."

I felt lost, hurt, sad, but other than that nothing actually felt different. The pull was just a beacon... nothing more...

I sighed. "So... in theory... they should still feel the same."

She hesitated. Alastair will... Ezekiel should.

I lowered my gaze. "Why should?"

She sighed sadly. He will still love you, but the obsession... the constant pull and need to have you at his side... the jealousy when any man looks at you... they may not be as strong.

"How do you know? We can't feel them anymore, that much is evident."

Because... he didn't stop you before you fled.

I frowned. "He would have died if he came in that room."

Has that ever made a difference before?

My heart twisted. "Why would she do this? She said I did nothing wrong. I know I questioned the mating pull, but she went and took the whole mate. She..."

Your doubts and your need to hold back because of them, they stop you from reaching your full potential.

"And this is supposed to help?"

She chuckled. It already has... you have never released that much power before and still haven't scratched the surface.

My eyes widen as fear crept in again. "But... he'll run... without the pull he couldn't possibly."

It shouldn't matter if he really loves you. You are who you are... if he can't handle it then, even I must agree with this decision as much as it hurts.

"Why?"

You felt the pull differently, rather than obsession, you conformed to make him comfortable... now, you will have nothing holding you back. If he can't embrace it, then he doesn't deserve you any longer.

I let the tears slip from my eyes. "But... if..."

You are cold, murderous, bloodthirsty, powerful, but you are not unlovable... she wants you to see that too.

I slumped to the ground and watched as the water rushed to its descent. "So, what do I do now?"

She sighed. You get your shit together, go home, and face this.

I dropped my head in defeat and nodded. "Not like I have a choice... I never do."

Silver Fairy (Little Alpha Book 3)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara