Chapter 13

Panic is what I felt when Violet wasn't beside me. "Where would she..."

I really need you to calm down... sleeping here.

I glared. "Alastair, they're gone."

He huffed. Then go find them, they shouldn't be far.

I grumbled under my breath, he went from hating me because they ran, to disgruntled because I woke him up when they weren't there. "Bipolar ass w-"

Keep in mind, I am a part of you.

I rolled my eyes and Zoey was eating cereal with Derek when I came down. It gave me pause. "I don't think you sho-"

Derek glanced at Zoey who looked at me curiously. "What's wrong, ZeeZee?"

I sighed. "The Season has started."

Derek deadpanned me. "Not interested."

I could see how serious he was and sighed. "Just... nevermind. Do you know where Violet is?"

She smirked. "Fighting with ZayZay again, feels like they are making a mess."

That had me worried. "Where?"

She tilted her head. "You don't know?" The ground shook and I caught myself on the table as she beamed. "A really big mess."

Derek chuckled. "Wanna go see what they are up to?"

She nodded and jumped out of her seat. "Let's go!"

I followed after them and the world shook twice before we got to the training grounds. I sighed in relief as I saw Violet, but it didn't last as her brother tried to strike her from above. She dodged and when his fist hit the ground. It burst, jagged pieces flying around them.

She held a smirk on her lips as she spun to hit him, I could see sparks everytime she did land a hit. "What in the hell?"

They both hopped back and began to throw elements at each other. The field was already riddled with holes, burnt spots, and puddles. Now, they were making more. They even attracted a bit of an audience as I saw Apollo and William discussing something as they watched along with other pack members. They were enthralled and proud.

Again, they jumped back, faces screwed in concentration as the air swirled around them. Then they were engulfed in tornadoes of their own making. I watched in wonder as they attempted to control what they created and the ground rumbled beneath our feet. They seemed to have a hang on it until Xavier's began to lash out wildly.

He frowned as he tried to regain control, but he failed and the ground began to shake with a vengeance. My heart stopped as Violet ran toward him catching his power in her own before grabbing his hand. Everything still and I saw them panting, but smiling.

I was at her side instantly, wanting nothing more than to take her back home as the sight of them sparring, in addition to her scent, set me on edge. "Dangerous?"

She smirked and shook her head. "We have to learn to control it or it becomes as much. Almost there."

He nodded as I stepped back and they started again. I was awestruck as Violet struck the ground and it ripped apart towards her brother, he jumped far higher than humanly, evenly wolfly, possible and sent fire her way. She waved her hand and water formed a wall, the flames sizzling as they hit. Between those two... no one stood a chance, it was clear as we all were knocked off our feet when they both hit the ground.

Again the whirlwind started to form. "Slowly... too fast and we lose control."

Xavier nodded and took a breath. The ground shook and began to break apart around them, boulders joining their storms. They stayed focused on each other as took steps to meet in the middle. I was trembling, not because of the earth beneath me, but from fear. I felt it seep into my core. How...