Chapter 121

I reached for Ezekiel and sat straight up when I was met with fur.  Amethyst sleepily sat up to drop her weight on top of me so I would lay back down.  Still very human and in need if rest.

I scowled.  "He wou-"

She sighed, feeling as depressed as me.  The way they pull us closer in their sleep or we tend to snuggle under them.  Yes, they accidently would.

I couldn't help the tears that sprung to my eyes.  The empitiness Ezekiel left before was nothing compared to the gnawing cavern being apart from her did.  "I can't do this... we ne-"

She nuzzled my neck and I felt moisture on my shoulder.  I know... shhh...

I drew and ragged breath as they began to fall.  "No... It... I..."

The door burst open and she was up instantly growling ferociously.  Come near her like that...

Xavier frowned at her.  "Leave us alone."

He slid into the bed and carefully pulled me into his lap.  "Zay..."

He put his head on top of mine and began to rock as he held me.  "I know.  It sucks.  Life sucks.  The goddess sucks for right now.  And vampires definitely suck... literally."

The bed sank a bit and I felt warmth on my side.  "And you being human sucks a lot."

I wrapped my arms around Zoey.  "Yes... it does."

Amethyst laid her head in my lap, eyeing the person in the doorway.  Too many wolves, too much affection.  Make them go away.  You are mine.

A giggle bubbled from my throat.  "Oooo... you are selfish."

She huffed.  So.  She purposely wiggled her way around me and between them.  Mine.  My human, my other half.  Mine.

Xavier started to rub her back.  "We love you too."

She sighed as Ezekiel sat beside us.  "Yes, we do."

Her jaws snapped at him as he reached too fast for her comfort.  Get that under control or kick them out.

He looked hurt and I laced my fingers through his.  "Slower, gentler... she also worries too much and is very possessive."

That earned me a grunt as he carefully laid on us both instead.  "Sorry..."

I rolled my eyes.  "If somebody would have just done as I asked last night, this wouldn't be an issue.  But no..."

He sighed and kissed my arm.  "Really need to discuss how you speak to and about Nyx."

I sniffed and turned my nose up.  "You can kiss my ass.  I am not her friend right now."

Xavier ran his fingers through my hair.  "Really, Sis.  She's a whole goddess a-"

I glared at him.  "What's your point?  Did she seem bothered?  No.  Leave me alone."

I turned my gaze to the chuckle at the door.  "In rare form and just waking up.  Just like Dominic, you will get no where in this."

I stuck my tongue out.  "Go to hell, Romulus."

He shook his head.  "I think a walk would be better.  I need to know where you went and why."

I sprang from between my restraints.  "That sounds wonderful.  To the hospital with us."

He sighed.  "Clothes first."

I grumbled as I got some and went to the bathroom.  I opted for only two blades since no one would let me put any to use anyway.  "I hate this."  I walked out and we all headed for the door where the old man was waiting.  "Really?  I need a whole escort?"