Chapter 84

I was tackled as soon as the car came into view.  "That didn't mean..."

I laughed as I protected my head.  "You said make it count!"

Xavier growled and I caught his hands, flipping him off of me.  I didn't make a move to strike him, just to stop his assualt until I had him pinned under me and twisted his arm around his back immobilizing him.  I was still laughing as he tried to break my hold and I tightened it.  "Okay!  Okay!"

I shook my head.  "Say the words."

He huffed.  "I yield, O Mighty Demon Alpha."

I giggled and got off of him.  "Feel better?"

He pouted as he sat up, refusing to look at me.  "Maybe."

I held my hand out to him.  "Good, let's do this."

Ezekiel narrowed his eyes as we approached.  "Weren't you just clingy as hell when she got back?"

My twin stole the air from his lungs and I couldn't help, but laugh more.  "Calm yourself, My Twin.  You may make me have to kill you."

He pursed his lips as Ezekiel gasped for air.  "I'm not stupid, but he better not say that again.  I'm not clingy."

I poked out my bottom lip.  "You don't love me?"

He threw an arm over my shoulder and guided me to the limo.  "I have since birth, he doesn't have to say shit."

Lucinda shook her head at him.  "Was that necessary?"

He chastened.  "Which part?"  She nodded behind him and I clutched my chest dramatically.  "I gu-"

"She doesn't love me... she has to go."

Her eyes rolled.  "My first day here you made him attack you.   You can take it, but stealing the air from your mate's lungs?"

I raised my chin defiantly.  "I've done worse.  He can take it."  I smirked.  "Be happy I like you and my life.  You're safe from our torture."

She giggled.  "Until I fuck up."  She smiled at her brother. "That won't happen."

I giggled as I was snatched and Xavier glared.  "I know.  I hope he is treating you well.  Tell me no, so I can make him suffer on the way."

She shook her head and her eyes glazed over as she watched my twin get in.  "He is careful, but... I can't blame him.  Not when I came here to hurt your pack and his sisters."

I sighed.  "But you didn't, I never gave you the chance."

She nodded and took my hands in hers.  "Despite what anyone says... you have a good heart."

I pursed my lips and snatched them away.  "I don't like you anymore.  I'm leaving."

Ezekiel held me in place as she laughed.  "She means thank you and we will see you soon."

She caught my sleeve as we turned.  "Xavier... you may want to reappear..."

He was by my side in an instant.  "Whipped..."

"Shut the hell up."

She shook her head at us.  "My name is Anastasia Lucille... I kn-"

She was cut off as Xavier assaulted her lips and I gagged.  "Get a fucking room."

He glared at me.  "You're one to talk.  You have a beautiful name."

She was red and I grabbed the back of his collar and pulled, so she could breathe.  "Thank you..."

He scowled at me until she heaved a breath.  "Sorry..."

She smiled softly.  "It's okay... come home, Xavier."

He beamed.  "No problems now that the other half of my brain is coming."

I rolled my eyes and dragged him to the car, since I could feel he was no longer in the mood to go.  "Yeah and I need mine to function.  Let's go."

He watched her through the window as we left and I recognized the sadness that crept into his.  I broke free from my mate and sat in his lap to stroke his face.  "I'll bring you home to her brother, I promise."

He sighed sadly.  "Still don't know how you managed this shit, but... you are proof that it can work."

I kissed his forehead.  "You two won't be nearly as fucked up."

He smirked, becoming more himself.  "Hell no, now let's get this shit over with and go home."

I nodded, returning to my seat.  "Agreed."

***

The way the twins interacted was always a rollercoaster.  One moment they were beating the shit out of each other and the next comforting one another.  I didn't miss how Apollo was strung up tight no matter what they were doing.  He didn't want anyone to touch her, it made me worry if he was still staying out of earshot.

He had the audacity to basically accuse me of scaring Violet and came into our home.  I closed my eyes to calm myself.  He never stepped foot into our house after it was built.  Violet's old house, yes, but not the home I built for us and Zoey, even Derek had his own room if he was feeling uneasy about something.  Which these days was always.

We knew Zoey was safe, between him, Peter, and Luce, as she was often called... no one would touch the child.  Apparently, once she shut me out she went ahead and had that talk with Xavier and Aurora.  She was delighted that they understood and adjusted for her within reason.  I kissed Violet's shoulder, I hadn't gotten around to telling her yet.

She tilted her head, confused and I shook my head.  "Later, get some more rest."

She pursed her lips, but I could see she still hadn't fully recovered.  "I don't want."

I rolled my eyes and combed my fingers through her hair when I pulled her to me.  "I don't care." That did the trick as her eyelids started to fall.  "I'm here.  Sleep."

She grumbled, trying to fight.  "I hate you."

I chuckled.  "I love you too, Princess."