Chapter 94

One thing about our little relocation was that I missed home.  I looked out of the window with a pout on my lips.  Luke hadn't taken the time to respond to my message, I at least wanted to know if he received it or not.  "Come in."

I listened as the door opened slowly.  "How did yo-"

I turned, still pouting.  "We can do many things, but I'm very upset with your mate, Charlotte."

She blinked.  "Oh... uh..."

I sighed dramatically.  "I told you, he demanded us and my reply.  He could at least have sent a message calling me a liar, but no.  He answers with silence.  I'm dying here."

Realization struck and she giggled.  "He most likely is coming himself with an army."

I beamed.  "Really?  How many?  Can they fight?  Are they strong?"

She started to laugh.  "When we met I never would have imagined you were like this or an Alpha even."

I smirked.  "I know, I played my part well.  But alas, you have a bloodthirsty dictator as your Alpha now.  Isn't it wonderful?"

She laughed harder, unable to catch her breath as my twin came in.  "That bastard needs to do something... I'm getting bored."

That had Charlotte in hysterics and I smiled at her.  "She finds our dispositions both surprising and funny."

He chuckled.  "I'm happy she approves, but Violet..."

I rolled my eyes as he threw himself in a chair.  "I know this is so anticlimactic, but she says he will come himself and bring toys.  He is at the two day mark so..."

He grinned.  "Yes!  So, anytime now.  Unless he got scared..."

I frowned.  "I truly hope not, I went through too much to go home with nothing.  I even signed Eclipse Alpha instead of my name."

Charlotte recovered.  Mostly, giggles were still bubbling up.  "I'm sure he will come.  But I have a request." I tilted my head curious.  "I want... I want the chance to reject him."

A slow proud smile slid across my face.  "That, I would never deny you.  When he arrives, if he arrives, I will send for you."

She nodded, certain.  "He'll come... we both are here after all."

I raised my eyebrows at my brother as she left.  "So, will rejection make him fight harder or..."

He shrugged.  "Never seen it happen.  But I'd be pissed and fight to the death if Luce did it to me."

I thought for a moment.  "I'd just kill Ezekiel.  Maybe even have the blade encased with his blood still on it as a token."

He laughed.  "That's just wrong."

I pursed my lips.  "I used to have a knife especially for him that he kept in his house that burned down.  It had a stand and everything."

He leaned forward.  "I need a back story."

I giggled.  "Remember when you guys found us beside the house... the first time."  He nodded.  "I felt him following and steel kissed his throat.  That was the same blade that was in the rogue's spleen."

He sat back.  "He never gave it back."

I nodded.  "And I never asked for it.  When I knew we were mates, well, I let him keep it in case he pissed me off enough or denied me later."

He shook his head.  "And that was your favorite one."

I pursed my lips.  "Then it goes up in fucking flames... it should have came out okay, but I never could find it."

His brow furrowed.  "Yeah... most of our weapons can withstand a little fire.  Strange..."

I shrugged.  "I've consider gifting him with a duplicate, but we live together now and were fully mated for a time. Seemed kinda pointless."  I swiveled to look out the window.  "But setting aside new steel just for that purpose sounds romantic in a way..."

My twin scoffed.  "Only you would find that romantic."

I turned back to him, smiling.  "I got it!  That will be his gift for the announcement.  It's perfect."

He gaped.  "You're serious..."

I nodded and pulled out a sketchpad and pencils.  "Yes, but it will be specially made.  Hilt and all.  Cory will love it."

He chuckled and came over to help.  "May as well help you out.  I may need it if you are incapacitated."

I smirked.  "Just make sure he is alive.  He is mine to kill after all."

He kissed my head.  "What kind of brother would I be if I didn't?"

***

When the twins looked up and quickly put away what they were doing, I knew it was nothing good.  "What are you two up to now?"

Violet put on an innocent smile.  "Nothing."

I rounded the desk, but Xavier picked up the book and headed for the door.  "I'll keep looking at this, you make him forget."

She smirked.  "So..."

He gagged.  "Don't... no... do something productive dammit."

She twirled her pencil in her hand.  "That is productive and good for my health."

He grimaced.  "Stop talking to me."

She giggled as he left.  "Violet..."

She turned to me.  "Ezekiel."

I sighed.  "Rea-"

She got up and sat on the corner of her desk.  "So, this announcement..."

I arched a brow.  "What about it?"

She sighed, pouting.  "How dressy are we making this?  I know we are having fun after, but to ruin a good dress would make Gale kill me.  She'd happily dress my corpse in the finest."

I chuckled.  "Maybe, you can change after."

She frowned.  "No."

I moved to stand between her legs, looking down at her.  "Well how fancy is this event in general?"

She sat back on her hands.  "That I have to ask Ray, she is the one planning it.  Invitations should have been sent out this week."

I swept some hair from her shoulder, grazing her neck.  "It depends on that then.  Now, what were you doing?"

She pursed her lips.  "Don't ruin my fun, Ezekiel.  Nothing for you to be worried about, I assure you."

I narrowed my eyes but knew I would get no where.  "Still no reply?"

She huffed.  "No and dammit if I'm not bored.  I miss home... I miss our annoying packs."

He pulled her to my chest.  "Not much longer.  Think about how the others are feeling with their mates at home."

She sighed.  "True..."

My fingers combed through her hair.  "So... about that distraction."

She smirked.  "Hmmm... I think you are distracting yourself just fine."

I kissed her as I lifted her from the desk.  "Let's find out."