Chapter 66

William and I watched the girls as Violet prodded at Lilly.  He was getting restless.  "She agreed already..."

Violet smirked.  "I know."

He frowned.  "So..."

She shrugged.  "She doesn't need it right now... she's right here.  Aren't you, Lilly?"

She blushed.  "Can you not?"

My mate smiled.  "Why?  He likes it when you blush, wanna know a secret?"

She whispered into her ear and her eyes widened as she got redder.  "You're going to give me a heart attack."

She looked smug.  "It's true.  However, you are quite underage.  Our mates shall be for frustrated for a time."

She looked over at her.  "Have you two..."

She scowled.  "Let's not talk about that?"

She gasped.  "So you have?"

Violet glanced at the screen.  "Things... are complicated, Lilly, but yes and I was very much of age."

She blinked.  "Bu-"

"Complicated Lilly, very complicated and a very large cliff was involved."

She paled.  "A cliff?"

She sighed.  "Yes, a cliff."

She furrowed her brow.  "So, how old are you really?"

She narrowed her eyes in thought.  "As old as my twin, except he beat me by a few minutes."

Hee head tilted.  "The black haired one with blue eyes?"  She nodded.  "So the little girl..."

"Our sister."

She nodded.  "Okay so question."

"Answer."

"Do all wolves look so..."

Violet smirked as William tensed.  "Let's go with exotic, Lilly.  Wolves are very territorial creatures."

She nodded.  "That."

She sighed.  "What seems unearthly to you is not so to us.  To me, we look normal, but you guys faint sometimes, it's quite disturbing."

She pursed her lips.  "But you all seem so... normal.  Not like the books say."

She shrugged.  "Normal has never been my thing, so I guess."

I sighed.  "You're starting to give nonanswers, My Love."

She scowled at me.  "Have you met the Old Man?"

I shook my head.  "Unfortunately..."

She smirked.  "He's cool, but he is trying to ruin my fun.  Busy Friday?"

I arched my eyebrow.  "Not yet..."

She smiled.  "If I don't get caught, you all are invited to this reveal thing."

Lilly smiled.  "You don't know what that is?"  She shook her head.  "We find out our affinity and get assigned to masters of that craft."

Violet pursed her lips.  "Okay, will you have anyone else coming?"

Will held his breath.  "I... I don't have anyone..."

Violet sat up.  "What?"

Lilly bit her lip.  "No one will come for me.  I'm n-"

The phone went silent and Violet sat on her heels in front of the girl.  By the way her lips turned down and her fingers moved, I knew she didn't like what was being said.  "What did she say?  Is her family dead or something?  Why would she mute it?"