65. A Night Out

[•Demir's POV•]

Everyone was silent after Idris narrated his conversation on the phone with Ferit. "Come on dear, I'll put you to bed" said Leila and lead the kid upstairs. I looked at Edric who was tapping his feet nervously. Even Burçu was next to me on the couch, she looked lost in her thought as she drank from her wine glass. "How can you drink like this?" Edric sprang up.

"Why are you getting mad at me? As if I am the one who sent Nuri and Ferit on the ship" she rolled her eyes. Edric paced up and down the room. He had been behaving in the same manner from the day he found out that Nuri and Ferit were together. "Abi what are we gonna do? We need to do something!" He ran his fingers through his hair.

"Calm down Edric... I know exactly what to do" I smirked, "Of course" Burçu mumbled to herself and rolled her eyes. "I do, and you both are gonna help me" I smiled triumphantly. "Abi, what we are doing is really stupid. It's obvious that Ferit and Nuri love each other-" "Abla shut up!" Edric pressed his ears, "Listen to me Edric. As I was saying, since they are together, it will be easier for me to mess around with Martı Teknolojileri. Why aren't you realizing that?" She frowned at me.

"That is not what we are trying to do here... They need to take you into their confidence. You need to mess with Ferit's head, and when the next hearing comes, we will win Idris again" I clenched my fist. "So that is your master plan?" "I cannot understand anything you both are talking about!" Edric sat down on the couch opposite us.

I sighed, "Ferit has raised a new case for Idris's custody. It will probably be by the end of next month. Özgür won't be able to get the boy's custody after what happened last time, so this time Ferit will be trying. Right now I am pretty sure that he has already sent out a search party, to investigate my 'flaws'. If he can't find any, he will be at a disadvantage again. And just in case he does, we will create a whole drama about Nuri and Ferit's relationship" I said and leaned back on the couch.

"But what about the USB? What are you gonna do about that?" "I haven't thought of it yet... But now there is a problem" I said and turned to Burçu. "We don't have any means of knowing what is going on that ship" Burçu laughed. "I was wondering when you were gonna say that. Don't worry, I got it" She said and got up.

"I know a lady there, Melissa, I think. She works under my friend. We might be able to count on her" she said as she wore her coat. "I have to leave now. Good night" she left. "How do you both plan everything like this? I feel as if I should take notes" said Edric and crossed his hands. I laughed, "She is my sister after all" I smirked triumphantly.

"I am sitting right here you know" Edric rolled his eyes and I laughed again, "Hey" I leaned closer to him, "We will get your girl" I winked at him.

[•Ferit's POV•]

I was grateful to have Nuri near me for the past three days. I wish if I could've been sick longer, but I felt pretty better by Thursday morning. I went out to the deck after a long time. The afternoon breeze was refreshing as I leaned over the railing. "Ferit?" I turned to face my Nuri. "The Kapoors are waiting for you in the hall" she had a tender smile. It felt like she'd known me for a thousand years when she called my name with such familiarity. "Tamam" I replied and followed her. After lunch, the captain announced that we had reached the last island, and by tomorrow night, we'd be back in Istanbul. Not many people were gonna get off here as there was going to be a small feast in the evening.

After lunch, I had a few meetings and by the time I knew it, it was evening. I went to the bar and my eyes searched for Nuri. She seemed busy in the kitchen and time stopped when she caught my gaze. Her shy glances could only make my insides crave. I wanted to pay her back for helping me while I was sick.