74. Preparations

[•Nuri's POV•]

We reached Istanbul and I was surprised to know that Ferit had arranged everything already. He booked rooms for my parents and sister in a hotel, and Ankita was overjoyed with her fake brother-in-law. I had warned Ankita on the flight that our parents must never find out that I used to work at Ferit's house. She agreed, and I left for my apartment.

My aunt and uncle would take care of the hotel while my parents attend my wedding. My aunt was finally at peace when she learned that I was getting married but I would have to live with Ferit for a month now. This was going to turn out awkward. Even though he had yelled harsh words that night, he sometimes looked at me as though he could never look away. I sighed, "But he hates me now, and this wedding is only for Idris" I concluded.

Ferit asked me to reach their company soon so I got dressed in my blue silk gown as it was going to be an official event. I hired a taxi and reached his company in an hour. The party seemed to have started long back and I went down the stairs slowly. The first person I saw was Ferit. He was staring straight at me, and I felt suffocated inside.

 He was staring straight at me, and I felt suffocated inside

He came towards me, "You are late" He said. If he was going to annoy me like this the whole night, he might as well find someone else to marry. "Anyway, since you are here, I am going to reveal it" He said and walked towards a small platform. I quickly caught up with him, and I saw that a lot of people were noticing us. "Reveal what Ferit?" "Just be ready when I call you" He said and left me puzzled.

What was he gonna do?

But before I could ask him anything more, Fatoş came towards me. "Nuri you're back!" She hugged me. I smiled at her, "But what were you doing in Kerala with Ferit?" She nudged me slyly. "Uh..." "You don't have to explain anything, the web has said it all" She winked at me. "Huh?" She took her phone and showed me photographs, of me and Ferit. "Oh my...! Who did this?!" I panicked but she laughed "You don't have to be embarrassed, everyone knows that Ferit forgave you" She said.

"Ahem" All eyes were fixed on Ferit who stood on the stage. "Friends, thank you all for coming. As you all know, it has been thirty years since my father started Martı Teknolojileri" He said and everyone clapped. He talked about the achievements of his company for some time till he paused. "Well, even though I might say this, I am aware of the rumors that have been spreading since yesterday about my photographs with Nuri" He said and stared at me.

He knew about it all along and didn't even tell me! I was very angry.

"Can you come here please my dear?" He extended his hand to me. I glared at him but took his hand with a deep breath. He led me onto the stage and pulled me closer to him, I went completely red in front of all the curious faces who were watching us. There were TV reporters in every corner. I also saw Demir, Leila, Aygün, Burçu, Çihan, and even the Kapoors too. What the heck was Ferit doing?!

"I prefer clarity in my professional as well as personal life, and I got it when I met her" He was looking at me now, "I never thought I'd fall in love this hard" He said softly. His eyes met mine and I felt everyone else in the room fade away. Did he mean what he said?