86. Secretive

[•Nuri's POV•]

In the morning a few reporters came to the restaurant and fixed an interview after one week. I didn't tell Ferit yet because when I called him, he said that he was in a meeting. Fatoş called me in the afternoon, "Where are you now Nuri?" She asked, "At the restaurant, why?" "Oh, okay. I thought that we could give Yeşim a surprise in the evening" She said.

It would be a great idea and I agreed immediately. It has been a long time since I spent time with the girls, I missed them a lot but first I had to meet Ferit. There were a few important things that I had to talk about with him. I left the restaurant early and went to his office. I knocked first and entered to find Miss Nazmiya discussing something with Ferit.

Ferit smiled when he saw me, "Sweetheart what are you doing here?" He asked as he placed a soft kiss on my cheek. He could always make my heart flutter, "I wanted to talk a few things" I smiled back and he dismissed Nazmiya hanim. He leaned back on his desk and locked his fingers with mine, pulling me towards him.

"Were you busy? Sorry that I came without informing first" I said, "Of course not, today was pretty tiring and I was searching for something to cheer me up, you are here now" He grinned and gave a peck on my lips. "What did you want to talk about?" He asked, "A few reporters came to the restaurant earlier, they want to do an interview next week" "That's great news" He said and I nodded.

"I'll adjust my schedule accordingly... But now I've got a meeting" He said. "There's another thing..." I sighed, "I haven't heard anything from Edric... It's been a long time Ferit, I'm worried" I admitted. He frowned at me, "He'll be somewhere with his good-for-nothing brother" Ferit said casually, "I don't want you to get involved with him again" His voice was stern.

"But Ferit, I haven't seen him in days, I don't know where he is, maybe you could try finding out something...?" "I am not going to look for Edric, Nuri. You don't have to worry about him" Ferit's tone stiffened. "But Ferit..." "No Nuri, understand" He nearly yelled. I was disappointed now, he could be a bit more mature at least. I turned to leave when he held my hand and pulled me towards him.

"I am sorry... I didn't mean to yell" He said, "Edric can be as dangerous as Demir... I don't want you to get into any trouble" He caressed my face and I was glad that we made up quickly, "It's okay love... But I just want you to make sure that nothing is wrong with him" I said. "Fine, I'll try" He sighed, "But Nuri, I don't want anyone to come between us anymore" He said sternly.

I smiled at him, "Nobody will come between us anymore" I said as I pressed my forehead against his and closed my eyes. His scent was so captivating, "Also, I'll be back home late... I need to meet the girls, it's been such a long time" I said and he nodded hesitantly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me towards him. I was startled by his sudden virility, "Ferit what are you doing?" I tried my best to stop blushing and to pull away from him.

"Thinking about last night" He smirked, as he leaned forward to kiss me. "We are in your office" I tried pushing his chest away in between my shy chuckles. "It doesn't matter sweetheart" He whispered and as he came closer. The door flung open, "I was searching all over for... Oh" Çihan paused when he saw us. I pushed Ferit away as fast as possible despite his attempts to keep me in his arms.

"Bye" I said and turned to leave but I felt guilty seeing his abandoned face, I leaned up and kissed his cheek before turning to leave. I saw the familiar spark in Ferit's eyes when I went out.

[•Ferit's POV•]

I took a deep breath as she closed the door behind her. I was caught in her spell for sure.

"Earth to Ferit"

I turned to face Çihan who was laughing at me. "I never thought anyone could do this to you partner" "Do what?" I sat down on my chair. "This" He pointed at my dreamy face and laughed again. "When you get married I'll tease you like this" I replied as I gathered my papers for the next meeting. He didn't reply but had a wide grin on his face. "I might consider the possibility now" He replied with a wide grin.

"What happened Çihan?" "Fatoş and I are dating" His face glowed like never before. "Ah, congrats... But when did it happen?" "I've been talking to her since your wedding. I apologized for that day when I nearly run over her brother... and I asked today afternoon while having lunch. I don't know if this will work out though" He sighed.

"It will don't worry" I replied and patted his shoulder, "Can we go to the meeting now?" "Yes but first, I came to ask you another important thing" He stopped me as I was about to go out the door. "What are you planning for Nuri's birthday?" "Nuri's birthday?" I couldn't believe that our birthdays were in the same month. "Wow, you don't know about that yet? Fatoş told me that you might have started planning something already" He said.

"When is it?" I asked desperately, "In five days" "We have time" I heaved a sigh of relief. I spoiled my birthday for her but I wasn't going to spoil her birthday, I had every intention to make it the best one she's ever had. "What are you going to do for it Ferit?" "I have a few things in mind... But I'll need your help, everyone's help actually. You, Yeşim, Fatoş, abi, and even Idris too" I laughed.

"What are you planning exactly?" He nudged me and I smiled to myself.

I had a lot of things in mind for my beautiful wife.

[•Nuri's POV•]

Fatoş and I knocked on the door and waited till Yeşim opened it. "Surprise!" We hugged her, "Oh my gosh! Welcome! This is a very good surprise" She said as she led us inside. I missed this house so much and laid down on the couch as soon as I entered. This was strictly going to be a girls night, I wasn't letting any guy spoil it.

I brought food from the restaurant and Yeşim served us. She said that she missed my free food, Fatoş and I laughed. "Well, how come you thought of this surprise?" Asked Yeşim. "Fatoş told me that she had something important to tell us" I said and turned to her.

She grinned brightly, "Çihan asked me to be his girlfriend" "Really? That's so great!" Said Yeşim and I agreed. She told us that they were having lunch and dinner together for the past few weeks, and he had asked her in the afternoon.

"But you've got to admit that I was the one who foresaw it all" Yeşim smirked to herself, "You and Ferit, You and Çihan" She pointed her fork at me and Fatoş. We laughed, "To be honest, I never expected that you'd marry ever... Ferit sure is capable" Said Fatoş and I nearly choked myself while scolding her.

"But I expected you and Özgür to get married first" Fatoş turned to Yeşim. "Nah... I really doubt that now" Yeşim said popping the 'e' and looked away. We were shocked when we heard that, "What do you mean you doubt it?" I asked worriedly, Yeşim would die for Özgür. "It's like... He is not interested in anything anymore..." She mumbled.

Fatoş and I raised an eyebrow, "He's shying away these days... I don't know why... I am really scared" She admitted. "Özgür? Shying?" I shook my head disbelievingly. "When I call him... He'll make some stupid excuses... Or, he won't talk much and stuff" Yeşim sighed, "Do you want me to talk to Ferit about it?" "No, don't... I'll find a way to solve it soon... Or end it" She shrugged.

Yeşim acted as though she didn't care but I knew that it was the only thing she could think of. If Özgür was going to break her heart, then I would interrogate him myself. I returned home late and found Ferit waiting for me after putting Idris to bed. I didn't tell him anything about Özgür, even though I was worried.

The next few days passed quickly. I was very busy in the restaurant and at home. Idris had a test coming up and he told me that he knew nothing. I had to sit with him on nights to help him with his studies. Ferit was an absolute sweetheart during these days, he would make coffee for me every night, and I would ask him whether he made it by himself or used the coffee machine. That question annoyed him so much that I would end up laughing every time I saw his face.

I called Yeşim too sometimes, and she told me that the situation was worsening day by day. I felt sorry for her, but she said that she would have to break up with him soon if he behaved like this. I kept my promise and didn't tell Ferit anything, though I wanted to tell him to knock some sense in Özgür's head.

Fatoş was happy with Çihan and I was very happy with Ferit. I didn't want Yeşim to be the only heartbroken soul. Another thing I noticed was that Ferit and Idris were acting very suspiciously, they always seemed whispered to each other which annoyed me. I tried sneaking up on them once, but my mission failed. I wondered what they were up to.

________________________
Last Edit: 20th January 2021