70. Step By Step

[•Nuri's POV•]

I laid back on the couch.

Ferit wanted me to marry him. "A fake marriage" I reminded myself and sighed. This wasn't going to be easy. I had no idea how this was going to work out. He hated me, but I loved him. He wanted to marry me but I hated marriages. I groaned as my thoughts started to get complicated but I had to answer him tomorrow.

I had to do something for the first time in my life without any mess. I had to find ways to convince my family, his family, our friends, and the media but convincing my family would be the hardest on the list. My mother wanted me to marry, but not any arrogant businessman from Turkey.

I took a shower to relax, but his face kept appearing all the time. I wanted to marry him. I would love to marry Ferit more than any other man but I feared whether this would ruin things further. I sighed and sat down at the table with a pen and paper. I had to carefully study all aspects of this 'fake marriage'.

First of all, I had to make sure how long this would last. I wrote it down. The second detail was where we would stay, specifically where I would sleep. I am not going to sleep with him and I blushed at the thought of it. I had a few demands too, the first one was that Fatoş should be back in his company, and the second one was that my parents should be there for the wedding.

They have been dreaming about my wedding for the past few years and I was not going to disappoint them by doing a secret marriage. I wanted them near me, and Ankita too. These were my main rules, and I took a deep breath as I read through the paper again.

For a minute I thought about it from Ferit's side. He was willing to put up with me for Idris. I felt sorry for him. Idris's rightful place was with Ferit and I knew how irresponsible the others were. Demir and Leila can't be trusted, and neither are they willing to spend time with him. When they saw that he was getting bad grades, they assigned a tutor for him.

Coming to Edric. He was very irresponsible and Idris would be spoiled for sure. Özgür was no exception and I lost all faith I had in him when he broke up with Yeşim. Now Burçu, she never even knew him properly.

Ferit seemed to be the only person fit enough to take care of him and I was willing to do anything to save Idris from a man like Demir. We were messing with a child's life and I had to be cautious about it.

I sighed and got up to go to bed.

[•Ferit's POV•]

I waited for a few minutes till she appeared and sat down near the table on my opposite side. "So? Yes or no?" I asked her directly.

"Yes"

"Yes"

I felt slightly shocked when I heard her reply. "Yes? You don't doubt this anymore?" "Till yesterday, you wanted me to say yes, why are you so surprised now?" She asked, "Because, it is you. I never thought you'd agree, this easily" I replied. She smiled sadly, "Idris is meant to stay with you. I don't want anything to happen to him because of our arguments" She said and I nodded. She was saying something rational finally.