67. The Worst Saturday

[•Ferit's POV•]

I staggered into the living room and threw myself on the couch. I shouldn't have drunk so much but nobody's ever destroyed me as Nuri had done. She stole the files from Özgür, gave them to Demir in return for money, and she hid it from me. She was running from me rather than owning up. I stared up at the ceiling and rubbed my face to ease my drunken self.

That was Demir's plan all along. Get the company, get dad, and now Idris. God knew what he was planning further. I was so stupid to trust someone again, after all the experiences I've had, I never learn. I cursed myself as I got up to pour another glass of whiskey.

I was never going to forgive her. Never.

I leaned towards the wall staring out at the full moon in the sky.

I loved her still, that was the reason I was this mad. I had never been this mad in my life. Not when Aygün left or even when Burçu had cheated on me, I was never this mad. But Nuri!

Out of all the people in the world, Nuri had to be the one who betrayed me

She made me believe that she was innocent, but she ended up being a double-faced coward.

I threw the glass outside in my growing rage.

"Whoa..." I turned to find abi approaching me from the stairs. "Are you okay Ferit? What happened?" he asked worriedly. I gritted my teeth and sighed.

[•Nuri's POV•]

My eyes were red after last night, and my headache was killing me. I went towards the living room like a zombie. "Ah, she's up!" I heard Yeşim say and Edric popped his head from the living room with a bright smile.

I really can't deal with him now.

"A very bright, sunny, happy, joyful... and many more... Good Morning to my dear sleepy head!" She cried and stuffed a piece of toast in my mouth. I nearly choked, causing Edric to laugh. The table was loaded with all sorts of dishes. "Did you do all this?" I asked her shocked, "Well, I had a little help from Edric" she winked at him, "A little? Wow" he rolled his eyes which made her laugh.

"When did you come?" I asked him, "A few hours back... By the way, it's nearly lunchtime" he said. I nodded, "Come on sit down then, we've made all this just for you" Said Yeşim. They both pretended as if nothing had happened. Even Edric sat down for breakfast and he cracked jokes with Yeşim about the cooking spree they had done to please me.

I felt grateful to have them, though I was silent the whole time. Ferit's eyes filled with anger and regret flashed in front of me, and I lost my appetite. But I ate a few things so as not to upset them. After breakfast, Yeşim had to leave to meet the editor of one of her magazine's and I thanked her for the food just as she'd gone out the door. She gave me a tight hug, "Don't sulk all day k? Have fun with Edric" she whispered before disappearing down the stairs.