78. Let's Play

[•Nuri's POV•]

I was busy making breakfast when Aygün hanim sat down at the table. "I will be going to check the house in the afternoon" She said and I nodded.

Ferit appeared then. I had no idea when he came to bed last night, but I found him sleeping near me in the morning. He had a cheery face, "Good Morning" He said when he came around me. "Morning" I replied without looking up. He crept up behind me and stroked my shoulders lovingly.

"What are you making?" He brought his head down to my neck and whispered. I glanced at his face, I had no idea what he was doing. "Pie" I replied. His warmth made my insides tingle, "Hmm... I am sorry I can't stay for breakfast. I have a meeting now" "It's okay" I replied, and tried to focus on my work, but it was hard to avoid his distracting presence so close to me.

"I'll see you in the evening then. Goodbye" He replied and placed a deep kiss on my neck. I squirmed under his grasp, I felt my body heat up. He pulled back and left after smirking at me. He acted as though his mother was invisible. My neck was burning after his fiery kiss, and so was my face.

[•Ferit's POV•]

I grinned to myself thinking about Nuri's blushing face from the morning, she distracted me from my work. "Ferit, he's here" Çihan entered my room happily. I smiled, I was going to have the pleasure of kicking Demir out today.

"What's all this? Why are you moving our things?" Leila and Demir yelled at the security guards. Burçu was with them too, "What's happening Ferit?" She asked me confused. I took the papers Demir had brought here the first day, "This is a forged document" I said and handed it to him. "What are you talking about?!" Demir yelled at me. I asked my lawyer to explain it to him.

"These papers aren't original. These were created by you to access Ferit bey's company, and to have financial gains. This is a criminal offense" "Oh yeah? Where's the proof then?" He yelled. "This is the original document" My lawyer took the document out of his file and showed it to him. Demir's jaw dropped when he saw it, and nothing could make me happier.

"As compensation, the court has canceled the license of the restaurant under your name, and a fine too. This has all the details" He said and handed the document stating all the fines, and charges under Demir, "That's about it Demir, you can leave now" I said. He cursed us. I had to ask the security to take care of him in the end and I turned to return to my room.

"Ferit" Burçu faced me, "Does that mean I'll have to leave too?" She asked in disappointment, "Uh... Since you were working with us under Demir's name, yes. Nazmiya hanim will tell you the details" I replied. "But Ferit, the project I was working on will have to be abandoned, it is worth a lot of money" "We can find a new architect for that, I am sorry" I replied.

"At least let me complete it. It will just take a week and I'll leave after it" She said. Çihan and I glanced at each other. "You know that I don't mix my personal life with my professional life, and neither do you" She said. That was true in a way, "Okay then... You can continue here till the project is completed" I sighed.

She beamed at me and shook my hand, "I will not disappoint you"

[•Nuri's POV•]

News spread that Edric called the manager to inform us that the restaurant would have to be closed as the license had been canceled. I had no clue of what happened, and the staff was worried to lose their jobs. I expected to meet Edric at least today but he did not show up.

Another news spread that someone else was going to buy it, but a few of us had to wait back for the lawyer who was supposed to bring the legal documents. Ferit's lawyer walked in then, I didn't expect him. "Nuri hanim, good evening" He said and shook my hand, the others stared at us. "Ferit bey sent me here to give this" He said and handed me a file.

Everyone peeped to see what it was, "He will be investing in your restaurant now" the man smiled.

I swallowed as I read through the file, "I came to explain the terms to you" He said. Everyone was surprised to hear this, but they were happy that their job was safe. This decision made me furious. Ferit wanted to make my life a living hell. I was already suffering from his presence at home, I can't take that stress during work too.

I left the restaurant with the file. His lawyer was going to explain things to the other staff, but he was going to explain this to me. I reached his company as soon as I could, and Nazmiya hanim tried to stop me. I didn't care if Ferit was busy, he was going to answer me now. I stormed into his room and shut the door behind us. "What does this mean?" I raised the document in the air and he looked too smug for my liking.

"I was going to call you" "Answer me first Ferit" My voice was stern. He sighed and sat down on the desk, "I am going to invest in your restaurant from today" "I know that. But why? And how did you even buy it?" I asked furiously. "Shh, softly... I will tell you... We were able to prove that the document submitted by Demir was forged, so the court canceled his restaurant's license as compensation. I bought it instead" He replied calmly.

"But you make ships Ferit. Ships! You should stick to that" I retorted.

[•Ferit's POV•]

I expected Nuri to get mad at me but I didn't expect her to come here directly. "Our company is always on the lookout for new opportunities to expand our business to other fields. Moreover, you asked me to buy it yesterday, don't you remember?" I asked kindly. "Also, I am appointing you as the head manager. You can take care of everything while I am not around. I am promoting you, Nuri" I smiled cheekily.

She narrowed her eyes on me. "You're promoting me?" "Yes, and I will come there tonight to have dinner. Özgür and Yeşim will also be coming, you will make everything perfect won't you?" I sat back on my chair. She nodded, "Everything will be pitch-perfect, absolutely" She repeated, more like a threat. "Oh, and don't overwork yourself" I said as she slammed my office door. A wide smirk escaped my face.

I had planned this last night itself, and I was glad when the court agreed to reissue the license in my name. The process was easier since the restaurant had been under Demir's name and especially because Nuri was my wife. It almost felt like I had forgiven her, but I wasn't telling her that easily. I wanted to take this game as far as possible, and teasing her was the most fun part.

×××

It was past closing time and the four of us were seated at the outdoor tables. Özgür was glad to be back with Yeşim, he caught up with nearly everything that had happened over the days. The wedding had kept everyone busy but I was glad to talk to my brother after a long time. Nuri was sitting opposite me, near Yeşim and I glanced at her often.

She was still angry at me for investing in the restaurant, and she returned my gaze with glares. "...And that's how she found me" ended Özgür. "That was lucky" Said Nuri. "Exactly! Even I never expected to find him this easily" Replied Yeşim, "But Malaysia was a pretty impressive place to run off to" "Yeah, I had loved it the first time itself" Replied Özgür.

Yeşim turned to me then, "Aren't you gonna take Nuri anywhere for your honeymoon trip?" Nuri and I glanced at each other. We had missed this detail while planning. We only thought of things up to the wedding, not after it. "No, we canceled it because of Idris's hearing. It's going to be after two weeks, so we didn't want to take any chances" I replied.

Nuri was satisfied with my answer, "I wonder what he's doing now" Sighed Özgür. He had felt very guilty after giving up Idris, and when he heard that I was going to ask for Idris's custody next, he didn't believe that I had a chance against Demir. But after the wedding, he was confident that Idris was coming home with us.

"We'll get him back" I comforted him and glanced at Nuri. We stared at each other for some time till she looked away.