92. A Turbulent Night

[•Ferit's POV•]

Abi came to the station soon and watched the first few minutes of the video when the murder had happened. The remaining time in the video only showed the nurses and doctors fussing around him to see if he is still alive. I was very irritated with every passing minute in the video. "We will arrest him tonight Ferit bey" the head officer assured me, "Thank you" I shook his hand.

Abi and I followed the police in our car and I explained how I had found the video to him. "We finally caught that man red-handed. He's not going to escape from this now Ferit" Özgür assured me. "He will be arrested tonight" I replied angrily.

We got out and the head officer knocked on Demir's door. "Yes, who is it?" The maid opened. "Is Demir Fariz home?" The police barged in and we followed soon after. "Demir!" Abi yelled, but Leila came down the stairs instead with Edric. "What are you all doing here in my house?" She asked us furiously. "Are you Demir's wife?" The police asked her, "Yes. Why have you barged in here like this?" She asked furiously.

"We have to arrest your husband for murdering Tahir Aras. Where is he?" "What are you talking about?!" Edric was shocked. "Who are you?" "I am his brother. My abi won't kill anyone" He replied. "A video file was discovered some time back that showed how Demir Fariz killed Ferit bey's father" The officer stated and I felt my chest ache.

"Where is he?" I shouted at Edric. "We don't know!" Edric retorted "Mind your tone Edric" "Why should I when you put false accusations on my brother?!" We both advanced towards each other and I wished if the police would arrest Edric with him, my life would be completely peaceful then. Özgür broke us up before it turned into a fistfight and we searched the whole house for Demir.

[•Demir's POV•]

My phone began ringing when I got out of the company. "Abi where are you? What did you do? How could you do that?!" Edric sounded worried. "What are you talking about Edric?" "You murdered Ferit's father... The police are at home now, searching for you. I somehow escaped their eagle eyes to talk to you personally" I felt my body turn cold suddenly.

"Ferit got a video in which you murder Tahir bey at the hospital... They showed it to me when I didn't believe them... But how could you abi?" "Where the hell are they?!" I started panicking. "They are coming towards your company but a few officers and Ferit are here. What are you going to do now abi?" "I'll call you" I hung up the phone and advanced towards my car.

This was very bad but how the hell did Ferit get a recording?! I had to leave town, escape at the earliest. I had escaped from a lot of cases over the past few years and I had to do it again. If the police catch me, I am definitely going to prison this time. I tried calling Yusef but he wasn't picking up, "Damnit!" I slammed the wheel.

But before they arrest me, I had one important task to complete.

×××

I drove towards Ferit's house and got out of the car. "Why are you here Demir bey?" Malik got cautious, "I just..." I knocked him down with my gun. He would stay unconscious for a few minutes at least. I headed upstairs and went into the yard, I found Nuri calling someone desperately but she froze when she saw me. It had been a long time since we met and I smiled at her as I entered the room.

"What are you doing here Demir?" The fear in her voice was obvious. "Ferit found something against me, I heard" "The police will be after you soon" She hissed. "Ah... Then I'll have to hurry right?" I pointed my gun at her and she gasped. "Demir don't please... Idris is sleeping upstairs... Please don't do anything stupid... Please" She begged as her eyes welled up.

"If Idris is upstairs then let us leave now" I replied. "Where are you taking me?" "My hideout" I laughed. "Come on" I beckoned to her, "I am not coming anywhere with you" She retorted. "Either you come with me there or I'll shoot you dead here" I threatened. "What do you want from us Demir?" A tear rolled down her cheek.