88. Love Brings Luck

[•Nuri's POV•]

Ferit was awake last night and neither did he let me sleep. He had planned the whole future of our baby, from schools to profession to whom she would marry. He wanted a girl child to my surprise but when I told him I wanted a boy, he reminded me that we can have a million more kids. We kept bickering the rest of the night till I fell asleep in his arms, exhausted by everything.

My parents were leaving in the evening as they had left our resort unsupervised. I had to tell them before they left, and I was sure that my mother would freak out when she hears the news, or she would be extremely ecstatic about it.

"How are we going to tell them?" I turned to Ferit who was busy searching for something in the fridge. "Let's take it in turns, you'll tell your parents and I'll tell Ankita and Idris" he smiled. "You are so clever my dear. You took the easy part for yourself and left me with the hardest one" I sneered and he chuckled.

He hugged me from behind, "You found a clever way to tell me, sweetheart. You'll be able to tell them too" He placed a kiss on my neck tickling me. I squirmed under his grasp and he finally let go. My parents came down then and Ferit sat down at the breakfast table. "Good morning" Ferit got up when he saw them. He was definitely trying to get into their good books.

My father nodded and my mother returned the gesture, in a rather friendly way. "Morning 'ma, sit down at the table... I'll bring breakfast now" "The kids?" She asked. "I don't think they will wake up soon, we'll eat first" I replied and served them. They told me how Ferit had planned the whole thing last night. He took nearly a week, hence it turned out perfect just like every other thing he did. 

"You are so dumb kid" I heard Ankita chuckle, "I am not dumb!" Idris retorted as he came down the stairs and she laughed. "Stop fighting you two" I sighed and as I got up to get their plates Ferit stopped me, "Don't get up suddenly like this. Sit down, I'll do it" he made me sit back on the chair. I blushed a little, being pregnant had other advantages too. 

"Chechi you know what he did?" Ankita pointed towards Idris and laughed. He jumped up to cover her mouth but she pushed him away. "He tried locking me in the bathroom but I wasn't even there" She laughed. "Idris!" Ferit turned stern. "Why did you do that?" "It was just a joke" Idris frowned. "Don't play jokes like that" "I am sorry" He groaned and Ankita ruffled his hair.

 He pushed her hand away and sulked at the table. Ankita sat down on his opposite side just to pull his leg. Idris stuck his tongue out in anger, "Such a baby" Ankita smirked. "Ankita you are arguing with a nine-year-old" My mother intervened. "I will be nine only next year, but everyone says I look like a grown up" Idris crossed his arms proudly and everyone laughed.

I still had no idea how to tell my parents, so Ferit took the first step. He called Idris and Ankita to the kitchen while I was in the living room with my parents. Mom and dad were flipping through some magazines, "This house is very beautiful dear" She said and my father nodded in agreement. I smiled at them when they complimented our place more.

Still, I could feel that there was a faint worry in her voice. I had to tell her, "Mom... Dad..." I held their gaze. "I have something important to tell you" I took a deep breath. "I am..." I paused when I heard squeals from the kitchen. "I am going to have a brother!" "I am going to be an aunt!" Idris and Ankita cried at the same time and came running to the living room.

My parents' eyes grew wide and they blinked at me. Ankita and Idris choked me while Ferit appeared near the hall smiling to himself sheepishly. "Air!" I called and they finally let go. "I am so happy!" Ankita squealed. "Nuri..." My mother gulped. My parents glanced at Ferit and then at me. Mom hugged me and Idris jumped into Ferit's arms. "I am gonna have a baby brother!" He cried.

"It can even be a sister you know" Ferit chuckled. "That's such great news" My mother's eyes welled up. She didn't freak out as I had expected but she became emotional. My father kissed my head, he poured out everything he had to say through his eyes. I had feared that they might not take it in a good sense, but they took it in the best way possible.

"Congratulations brother!" Ankita shook Ferit's hand nearly taking it off, and I chuckled. In between all the excitement, Ferit took a moment to stare at me and smile. A reassuring smile that told me that everything was going to end up perfect. I smiled back at the man whom I was proud to call my husband.

Idris insisted that we go out today, and I agreed. I wanted to enjoy the day with my family. We drove around Istanbul and Ferit took us to a few of the most incredible places I've ever seen. We stopped for lunch at a fancy restaurant in the afternoon. Ankita and Idris didn't waste any time to start an argument on what each would eat.

I had noticed them at the wedding itself. They would argue over the littlest of things and make up the very moment. They had similar characters, sweet and mischievous at the same time, childish and stubborn too. I had known Ankita since she was a baby, no wonder why I got along so well Idris. I was experienced with my sister.

Ferit was trying his best to take care of my health. Whenever I ate something, he would ask me in whispers, "Do you have to eat that? Is it healthy for you now?" "Ferit, I've been eating fine all these years" I sighed. "That was earlier Nuri, times have changed" He emphasized the last words which made me chuckle. Though he continued annoying me with the same questions till we got out of the restaurant. My dear husband was trying to be perfect for me and our baby, but he was already way beyond perfection.

The evening sun came up soon, and it was disappointing to think that the happiest days go by the quickest. We reached the airport on time and Ferit helped my father with the bags, while Idris hugged my mother. "Come back soon aunty" He muttered and my mother lifted him. "You are such a sweet boy, take care of yourself" She kissed his forehead. Idris even jumped into my father's arms which made us laugh. My parents had grown fond of him over time.

"Take care of our daughter, Ferit" My mother managed a faint smile at him. "Don't worry ma'am" Ferit smiled back. My father shook Ferit's hand. He nodded at Ferit, which clearly showed that my love had earned their trust.

"Don't be dumb kid, I'll miss you" Ankita ruffled Idris's hair. "I am not dumb, and I will miss you too... A teeny bit" Idris explained animatedly and Ankita laughed. My mother told me again that she can stay with me to take care of my health, but I denied her.

"Fine... But if there is anything at all call me immediately. Do you understand?" "Yes Mumma... I'm fine, go on" I smiled at her and she squeezed me one last time. "My dear daughter is going to be a mother" She whispered in my ear and an overwhelming sensation hit me like a wave. I felt a slight throb in my stomach which made me take a deep breath.

×××

We entered the house with Idris sleeping soundly on Ferit's shoulder. It was already late and I settled myself on the couch, "I'll put him to bed" I nodded and Ferit headed upstairs. I went to the kitchen to drink water and Ferit came downstairs by then. He sat down on the couch and pulled me onto his lap.

"What?" I laughed, "No... Nothing... I was just thinking" He mumbled and I nuzzled against his neck, taking in his masculine scent. "What were you thinking?" I asked as he caressed my hair. "The years ahead... How fast everything changed... How fast you made me happy" He kissed the tip of my nose. "Aren't you happy?" He asked me. "I feel like the happiest woman alive... Everything I ever wanted is right here" I closed my eyes as I caressed his chest.

"We are going to start a family Nuri" His eyes twinkled, "I have never felt this overwhelmed in my whole life" He said. "But Ferit... When are you going to tell your mother?" "Soon... You don't have to worry about that. I'll tell her" he replied calmly. I nodded and closed my eyes to sleep, "What are we going to name her?" He asked suddenly.

"We have nine months to think about that" I chuckled, "Also, I am really tired to talk anything more" "It was a tiring day for everyone" He sighed too. "But my parents liked you" "Who wouldn't?" He asked back cheekily. I rolled my eyes at him, "By the way Ferit, the interview is tomorrow... They'll come to the restaurant early morning" I said.

"We better get some sleep then" He said and lifted me bridal style and I clung to his t-shirt. "I can get used to this" I whispered. "I want you to get used to this sweetheart" He kissed my head. I was, without doubt, the luckiest woman alive.

__________________________
Last Edited: 21st January 2021