66. Tears Find A Way

[•Nuri's POV•]

I couldn't help glancing at him often. His gaze filled with desire made me blush again.

Last night, we were interrupted when Ferit's phone began buzzing. Mr.Kapoor had been calling him, so we returned to the ship. The tension between us on our way back was unavoidable, though we both kept silent most of the time. I remembered the way he had smiled at me last night before retiring to his room. The heat hadn't died since then.

In the morning he had had a few other visitors from the island, and I learned soon that they had come to buy the ship. Ferit had been in meetings with them fall day and had now returned to the hall to have lunch with them. I had to look away again shyly when our eyes met for the millionth time.

I had talked to the buyers when they'd said that they wanted to meet the staff. They were decent people compared to the douchebag, Soner. All the staff members on the ship were excited about the party in the evening. The surprise anniversary party for the Kapoors. Melissa had urged us to start the preparations for it since last night.

After lunch, we were called to the second deck to decorate and set up things for the evening. I couldn't see Ferit for a long time, but I had to focus on my work. It took hours to set up and decorate the place, and by the time we were done, the sun had sunk into the cerulean sea. When Mrs.Kapoor heard that her husband had planned a party to celebrate their anniversary, she was very surprised because she never expected him to remember.

All the customers slowly gathered in the hall, and we started serving them. Soon the party was in full swing and toasts were made for the Kapoors. Even the captain congratulated them. Everyone clapped and cheered. Ferit was sitting near the railings while I stood opposite to him near the counter.

Musicians played their finest during dinner and finally, we were free from our chores when the couple was asked to dance. A soothing American song was playing in the background. A few other couples also swayed with the music. I loved the song even though it was the first time I was hearing it. Ferit got up and came towards me, "Can I have this dance?" he extended his hand.

I was dumbstruck. I would love to dance with him, but I wasn't sure whether to accept or not with all these people around. "Are you sure? I mean... There are a lot of people around and..." "Forget them" he said and took my hand. My fingers were trembling slightly

He led me to the dance floor and nearly all eyes were fixed on us. The whole staff was watching us, and I caught a glance of Azra's smirk. Ferit pulled me towards him and my breathing became labored, considering the feeble distance between us. His eyes were fixed on my face, and I felt slightly uncomfortable noticing the prying eyes around us.

"Won't there be any problem with so many people watching us?" I whispered, "No, I don't care about that" he replied

"Won't there be any problem with so many people watching us?" I whispered, "No, I don't care about that" he replied. We moved slowly with the music and I ended up humming the tune. Ferit grinned, "Do you like this song?" "Yes, it's really beautiful" I replied, and he gave a light chuckle, "This song is called Beautiful" he said.