69. Crazy Talks

[•Nuri's POV•]

It was already Tuesday and I started work in the morning. Edric was a very easy-going boss compared to Ferit. The other chefs were mostly beginners so he let me take charge of the kitchen. I had seen how well Azra used to control everything, so I tried doing the same.

Minutes soon changed to hours and by the time I knew it, the sun had set. Edric seemed very pleased with my performance and would drop by the kitchen once in a while to encourage the other chefs. A waiter came in then, "Miss Nuri, a lady wants to meet you, says her name is Aygün" I was shocked. Why did Aygün hanim want to meet me? I had already experienced enough trouble from her son, now what did the mother want?

I felt nervous when I went to the hall to meet her. I found her waiting near the door, "Ah Nuri. Good evening" "Good evening, Aygün hanim. Won't you sit down?" I asked directing her towards a few empty tables. "No, I wanted to talk to you. Can we have a cup of coffee now? We'll go somewhere quiet" She said and I gulped.

×××

She sipped her cup of coffee and I prepared myself mentally to face her. "I went to meet Idris and Ferit last day evening. He told me that you were present at the fair?" "Yes, they came there yesterday. Our university was organizing a food-fest along with the fair, so we met by chance" I said. "Oh... Well, that is fate... Like how fast you got involved in Ferit's life" She spoke with a smile. I didn't know how to reply to that.

"Ferit never tells me anything, but I happened to hear this... Nuri did you give any USB to Demir which made Ferit lose half the company?" I expected this question. "I did" I looked down ashamed of myself. "Hmm... When I asked Ferit why you had done something like that, he pushed me away like always. But now I want to hear the reason from you. Why did you do it?" Her tone was neither stern nor scary, it was out of shock.

I told her my version of the whole story, about the USB and every other detail. She blinked at me when I ended, "That's about it..." I mumbled. "So Ferit is not forgiving you because you took money from Demir to save your father?" I nodded. "Nuri it's not your fault" she said as she took my hand. "All this time I thought it differently, but if Ferit isn't forgiving you for a simple thing as that, then it is his loss" Now she was against her son, wow.

"If I know my Ferit, then he will forgive you eventually. He might say rude things or behave coldly but he has gone through a lot in life" She sighed. "Yes... Ferit was upset when Tahir bey died... And now Idris... I feel bad for him" I mumbled, and she smiled. "That is the only thing I will ever ask from you Nuri, don't give up on him. No matter how cold or harsh he is, he still loves you" My blush became very evident at that comment.

Even though I didn't believe in it now, it felt good to hear it from someone else. But Ferit hated me for sure. He would never forgive me, he was still very angry at me, and I was still guilty. "He will forgive you one day... Even though he hasn't forgiven me yet, I am sure that he will forgive you" I could feel the pain she was going through when she said that. 

Ferit meant a lot to her, he was her son after all but he took her for granted. I didn't know how to ease her now, "That's all I wanted to say" She said and got up, "I hope to meet you again, soon" She smiled and left the place.

×××

I went up the stairs and pushed the door open. I had been thinking about what Aygün hanim had said earlier. I didn't believe that Ferit would forgive me, but at least he could forgive her. I sighed and sat down on the couch. At that time, Yeşim came out of her room with a suitcase. "Oh you are back" she said and placed the bag on the carpet.

"Yeşim, why have you packed everything? Where are you going?" I got up. "I am going to Malaysia to hunt for Özgür. I searched all over Istanbul for that idiot and one of his friends told me in the morning that he's gone to Malaysia. I am going after him" She said fiercely and I was dumbstruck. "What?! But... How? Where are you gonna stay? How are you gonna find him?" I asked her as she was stuffing a few more things into the suitcase.