79. A Ruined Birthday

[•Nuri's POV•]

I was very busy in the kitchen when Ferit popped up. "You need to sign this" He said and showed me a piece of paper. "What is it?" I asked while grating carrots. "It's a document related to the full leasing of this place, my wife has to sign it" He said and I glanced at him. "Just leave it in the office, I'll check it later" I said, pushing him to the side. "Nuri just sign this now" "I told you I am busy, people are waiting outside. I'll check it after lunch" I said. He sighed, "Don't forget it" He said and left me in peace.

I returned to the office room after taking care of a few things in the kitchen. I took the paper that Ferit had left behind and read it carefully. Ferit's profile caught my attention suddenly. I looked up at the calendar and back at the paper in my hands. "It's Ferit's birthday!" I cried to myself. "What? Really?" I turned to find Burçu behind me.

"Oh... Sorry to barge in like this... But when I asked for you downstairs, they said you'd be here" I got up from my chair and nodded. "I was passing by so I thought I'd meet you" She replied, "This restaurant has become a lot livelier since you've come" She smiled. I didn't want her to praise me, and I was highly suspicious whether she was the one who got me drunk at my wedding.

"Did you come to have lunch?" I asked, "Well yes. I can't deny that I am hungry" She chuckled and I just smiled. I lead her outside to the tables and took her order. "I'll bring it in a few minutes" I said and turned to leave. "Wait, is Ferit's birthday today?" "Uh... Yes" I replied. "Wow, that's great. Have you planned any surprise party?" She asked innocently. I had nothing in mind, but I wanted to do something for him, he might forgive me then.

"Yes" "Ferit will be very happy then!" She said and I smiled. "He's been so busy at the company lately, he had a meeting in the morning, then in the afternoon, and he is also very stressed thinking about Idris staying with abi" She was acting like she was on our side. "You know about Ferit's meetings?" I couldn't help asking. "Yes, I was in the last one with him" She replied.

I thought Ferit had kicked Demir out, and that meant Burçu too. "But didn't he get the company back...?" I mumbled to myself, "Ah... He didn't tell you? I have been helping Ferit with a very important project for the past few weeks. I will probably complete it in a few days, so he said I can stay till then" She replied and I felt my blood boil inside me.

"He mentioned it... I just forgot" I replied. "Oh well, what are you planning to do for the party then?" "Uh... It's a surprise" I replied and escaped from her before she could ask me anything more. I was angry at Ferit for not telling me bout the deal with Burçu, but I was ready to hide my anger for today. I had to do something special for him.

I left the restaurant early and went home to plan. Aygün hanim was present, "Why are you back so early? I thought you would return late after having dinner with Ferit, it's his birthday after all" Even she knew about it, "Uh... Ferit doesn't remember about it probably... I thought I'd give him a surprise" I replied nervously.

She grinned at me, "Ah, are you planning a party?" "Well... Ferit doesn't like parties usually... Something small, but memorable" I replied. I had to think of something soon. I needed to find the perfect gift for him, but he already had everything he ever needed... Then an idea clicked in my head. "Ferit would love it if Idris was here" I said and she beamed back at me, "You are right, he hasn't met him for a very long time now" She said.

But Demir and Leila would never agree to let Idris stay with us for today. "He's probably with Edric now, I will go get him" said Aygün hanim, "But will they let him stay here? I mean... After we got the restaurant and all, do you think he'll let Idris stay with us?" "Don't worry Nuri, more than Edric being willing, Idris would love to come. He is as stubborn as Ferit, so I don't think I will leave there without him" She laughed. I was grateful to have her.