87. The Best Surprise

[•Nuri's POV•]

It was another tiring day at the restaurant but I got the happiest news in the morning and I was dying to tell Ferit.

I entered the house and rested on the couch. I had never felt this tired in my life, "Ferit?" I called but there was no reply. I went to the kitchen to check if he was there but I didn't find him anywhere downstairs. I went up to our room and found a gorgeous black dress on the bed. There was a note near it:

I bought this for you, my love. I want you to wear this for the night... Also, there is a surprise waiting for you outside.

My heart raced when I read the note. Ferit was planning something for sure, but I had no idea what it was. I got ready as soon as possible and couldn't help thinking about what he was planning for the evening. I went outside to find Bashir talking with Malik.

"Good evening Miss Nuri" Bashir greeted me, but I had no idea when he got here. "Can we leave?" He asked, "But where are you taking me?" "I am not supposed to tell you that miss" He smiled. "Did Ferit set you up with this?" I couldn't help laughing and he nodded. We got in the car and Bashir was very silent the whole trip.

I had no idea where we were going so I texted Ferit. "You'll find out when you reach" He texted back. He stopped the car in front of the bar we used to go to often, Deren's old bar. Old memories began flashing in my head. This was the place where I had met Ferit for the first time. I pushed open the door and found darkness everywhere.

"Surprise!"

The whole bar lit up suddenly. There was a small crowd in front of me. Özgür, Yeşim, Çihan, Fatoş and even Aygün hanim was present. Idris came running towards me from the crowd, "Happy birthday Nuri!" He cried as he jumped into my arms. "Aww... Thank you so much dear" I kissed him. I had completely forgotten that it was my birthday.

I could see a few good friends from my university, Ezgi, Nazmiya hanim, everyone I loved was there. Yeşim and Fatoş came forward to wish me, everyone did. I was very ecstatic, but I couldn't find Ferit anywhere. "Did Ferit do all this?" I asked them, and they nodded, "Where is he?" I asked, scanning the crowd for my beloved husband.

"Ahem"

Everyone turned towards the stage. Ferit was seated there, with his guitar. "I just tried this recently... I might make mistakes" He mumbled through the mike as he steadied his posture. "This one's for you, my love" He smiled at me from the stage.

He began singing the song we heard on the ship. We had danced to this song on the ship that day. I felt tears of joy smear my eyes. He was singing it so beautifully. I covered my mouth with my hand, trying my best not to cry.

It felt as though it was only me and him in the whole bar. No one else. No one has ever done something like this for me in my life. We locked eyes as he uttered the last lines of the song.

"Now in the silence

It's all loud and clear

I say,

You're beautiful right where you are

You light up my world like the sun and the stars

I wouldn't change you for anyone or anything

'Cause darling you're everything to me"

The crowd clapped and cheered for him. "Superb!" Özgür howled, and Çihan whistled. Ferit placed his guitar on the stage and came towards the cheering crowd with a boyish grin on his face. I was the happiest of the lot, the luckiest.