52. Exposed

[•Ferit's POV•]

I went inside the hospital and Çihan followed me. "I need to meet Dr.Tarik" I told the receptionist and he told me the room number. I met him just as he was going out, "Doctor" I called, "Ferit bey?... I'm surprised to see you here. Is something wrong?" he asked me worriedly. I took the watch out of my coat and showed it to him.

"This was with Dad's things you gave me that day" I said. He looked at it, "Yes... Our nurse found it on the floor" "This doesn't belong to dad" I replied coldly, "But she found it in his room the night he died" he said, and I felt my chest ache slightly. "If you want to ask her, she's in 26A right now" he said.

I nodded and Çihan followed me. I opened the door and found no nurse. Instead, a man was packing a few things and a lady was sitting on the bed. "Yes?" asked the man, "Uh... Do you know where the nurse went? Dr.Tarik said she'd be here" "She went to take a few forms" replied the man, "This is the second time in a week this thing is happening" The woman sighed. "Ah, I remember... That day that bearded man came here too right?" The nurse returned then.

"Ferit bey, how come you are here?" she asked. "I came to ask about this watch, Dr.Tarik said you found it that night in dad's room" I said. "Yes, I remember. It was lying near the curtain" she said. "But this doesn't belong to my father" I said getting serious.

"How come? This was in his room the night... he passed" she mumbled the last words. "You mean the man who was in that room next to ours? Are you his son?" Asked the woman on the bed. "Yes, I am Ferit Aras" "Oh, Ferit bey... We read about Tahir bey in the papers... Our condolences" said the man. I thanked them.

"He used to talk to everybody he met, once he even came here" said the man, and the nurse smiled sadly. "It was the same night that bearded man came here" said the woman remembering. "Bearded man?" asked Çihan. "Yes... A man came here on that night, searching for somebody. He came to the wrong room though" She shrugged. Her description fitted Demir, and my suspicion got stronger by the minute. "Can you describe this man?" I asked, "I don't remember well... He was tall, and wore a suit I think" "Did he have a watch on his hand?" I asked. Çihan glanced at me puzzled. "I don't remember that Ferit bey" "He had a crooked nose" added the woman.

"Tall bearded man, no glasses, crooked nose, is it?" I asked and clenched my fist. "Ferit bey, is something wrong?" asked the nurse, "This watch..." I stared at it. "We will be coming back here tonight" I told the nurse and walked out of the room. "Ferit, what is happening?" asked Çihan getting worried.

We were outside by now and I was mad as hell. "Dad's death was a murder" I said and his face went blank, "What?" "Demir did it. I am sure. The same night he was here. The description they gave was exactly his, and this watch..." I held it out. "He must've dropped it here. That night, exactly that night. Even the cameras and alarms were out of order" I said as I remembered every detail of that day.

Çihan rubbed his face frustratedly, "Everything does add up... But are you sure about this?" "Nobody hated my father Çihan... Only Demir can do something so heartless" I said. "But what are you going to do? A mere watch can't be taken as proof" he said. "I need you to report this to the police, you have to tell abi too" I said and walked forward.

"But where are you going?" he called from behind me. "Idris is at that murderer's house right now. I need to bring him back, and if necessary... I will settle the score with Demir" I said coldly.

[•Idris's POV•]

I was happily munching the cookies when Leila aunty asked me, "Do you like them?" "Totally! They are so delicious" I smiled at them. "It's from a nearby bakery... We can go there together sometime" Uncle told me, "Okay... But you have to taste the cookies Nuri makes. They are a million times better" I said and they nodded. "Where is Burçu aunty?" I asked them. "She has some work kid, she won't come tonight" He replied. "Oh... Okay" I turned back to my cookies. "Uh... Idris dear, we wanted to talk something important with you" I looked up and aunty.