76. A Rough Start

[•Nuri's POV•]

I woke up as I felt my body stiff. I blinked first and looked up.

Ferit.

I looked around a bit, I was hugging him and he had wrapped his arms around my shoulder. I peeped under the sheets. What happened to my clothes?!

I carefully slipped out of his grasp. I noticed my wedding dress on the floor, and his tux was nowhere to be seen. I didn't remember anything except struggling to take off my dress. Oh crap. I paced up and down the room trying my best to remember what happened last night. He kissed me yesterday morning, carried me to bed at night and I was struggling to take off my dress -The only things I remembered.

I stared at myself in the mirror. His t-shirt reached to my knees and his pajamas weren't letting me walk. I bent down to roll them up, thinking what to say when he woke up. "Nuri?" I jumped when he called me, causing my head to hit the mirror and I crashed on the floor. "Nuri are you alright?" He got up from the bed and knelt next to me while I rubbed my head. 

I tried to sit up straight and he came forward to touch my head but I flinched away. "Why do you have to be so clumsy?" He got up, "I am not clumsy. I just hit my head" "That happens when you get drunk" he said, as I got up from the floor. "I was drunk last night?" I couldn't believe my ears. "You don't remember anything?" He raised an eyebrow and I fell silent.

The things I remembered were embarrassing. "I mean last night we..." "Don't embarrass me" I blurted out. "But nothing embarrassing happened" He said. I was really confused now. "But you... Put me on the bed... And..." "Nuri. Nothing happened between us last night" He said.

My mind felt a lot more calmer. "But my clothes...?" "You changed them yourself, you couldn't sleep in that gown... I just helped a bit with the buttons, that's all" I started remembering the things one by one. Me putting on on the pajamas and struggling to take off my gown, and him helping me but he had brought his hands a little too close, and I had pushed them away.

I frowned at him, "I never asked your help" "Are you going to start today morning itself on such a silly matter?" He retorted. "Ugh" I looked away from him disgusted, "I should never have married you" "Don't worry we will get over with this as soon as possible. I am not so keen to stay married either" He retorted, "Get your things, we are leaving now" He said.

×××

We reached Ferit's house and the cold war between us hadn't died yet. I went to my room, the room I used to stay in before this whole mess. I freshened up first. My parents were heading back today afternoon. Ferit had agreed to leave them at the airport yesterday, so we went to get them together. I didn't talk to him after the fight we had in the morning, and neither did he.

I bid my parents goodbye as they left. Ankita squeezed me one last time, "Don't trouble my brother-in-" She whispered in my ear, I would have kicked her if we were alone. Ferit and I returned 'home'. The evening passed quickly and we both were restricted to our rooms. I would stay mad with him for a very long time.

×××

I woke up in the morning and headed to the kitchen. His kitchen was my kitchen now, at least till Idris was back. He had left already though. The second day of marriage and we were already confined to two separate worlds. I sighed and prepared a light breakfast for myself. 

I reached the restaurant and looked all over for Edric, but he wasn't present again today. I hadn't seen him for the past few days, neither did the other staff. I started cooking still, and by the time it was noon, Aygün hanim called me.

"Hello?" "Ah, Nuri. Are you busy now?" She asked.

"Uh... I am at the restaurant now, what happened?" I asked. "I just wanted to know how you both were doing" "Aygün hanim I can't hear you clearly" I said, "Ah, that's because there's some construction going on here. I am renovating the mansion" She said. "Oh..." "I am looking for a place to stay in the meantime. The workers will take at least a week to complete" she said.

"Why don't you stay with us?" I said bluntly. "No, Ferit would never allow that" She laughed, "I will get him to agree somehow, it's only a week after all" "I don't think he will agree dear" She sighed. "Then why don't you come over for dinner tonight? I will talk to him then" I said confidently. Ferit was not going to forgive me in this life but at least he could forgive his mother.

Moreover, I liked her. She wasn't a bad mother-in-law. "Do you think he will agree?" "I don't know but we can at least try" I smiled to myself. She sighed and hung up worriedly. I called Ferit then, we hadn't had a normal conversation since yesterday. "Nuri?" "Ferit, your mother will be coming over for dinner tonight" I said while cutting tomatoes. "What? Why? Call her and tell her that she can't. I am in a meeting now" He said.

"No, I can't do that. I just called her now, you have to come home early tonight" I said. "Alright, okay, hang up, I am busy" He said and ended the call abruptly. I am his wife, he could've talked longer at least. I sighed and pushed the phone in my pocket to focus on the kitchen.

×××

I set the table, and soon enough Aygün hanim arrived. Her driver was waiting downstairs with her bags. If Ferit agreed, then she would move in tonight. He came back after an hour, "Good evening, my love" He said and pulled me towards him, placing a soft kiss on my cheek. I was startled by his sudden show of affection in front of his mother, "I will be down after I freshen up" he said and headed upstairs.

Ferit was down soon and the three of us sat down at the table. Ferit was eating silently listening to my conversation with Aygün hanim. I finally got fed up and got to the point straight, "She was planning of staying here for a week, till the renovations are complete" I said and his eyes grew wide.

[•Ferit's POV•]

"No" I said without hesitation.

"Ferit it's just a week" Insisted Nuri. Why was she so adamant to make things better between me and mum? I wasn't liking this in-law bond one bit. She placed her hand on my shoulder softly, "It's just a week darling" She said those words so tenderly.

We hadn't even talked properly for the past 48 hours and now suddenly, I was her darling. I thought about the merits and demerits of Aygün staying here with us. There seemed to be a lot of merits, but the only demerit was how much disgusted I would be in her presence. 'Romantic couples' don't deny one another, so if Nuri wanted to play, then I can play.

"Fine" I huffed, and she pulled her hand back with a smile. Aygün's driver brought her bags upstairs, and I realized that Nuri had planned everything accurately, but she had missed one important detail.

After my mother set up her things in the room downstairs, I turned to Nuri, hugging her from behind. She was startled as I expected, "Shall we go to our room, love?" I asked, nuzzling against her cheek. She stared at me and gulped.

This was the best merit.

__________________________
Last Edited: 19th January 2021