57. Taken

[•Ferit's POV•]

Demir and Leila glowed as they smiled at each other.

After we got out of the room, Özgür couldn't hold himself any longer. He caught Demir by his collar and slammed him against the wall. "Abi..." I tried to calm but he turned a blind eye at me. He told Demir cold and clear, "You disgraced me and my family, I will make you pay for it" and dropped him. I had never seen abi like this ever before.

I rubbed his back to comfort him and he walked around the hall in circles. "How can a child possibly live with such a man? Thank god we got Idris" said Demir turning to Leila and she shrugged. "But where is he?" asked Edric suddenly, "Nuri had gone with him right? Let me call her" he said and dialed her. I wanted to slam Edric against the wall like Özgür had done to Demir.

[•Nuri's POV•]

I walked around the courtyard with Idris to cheer him up. "Whoa... That tree has so many flowers" he exclaimed and pointed towards a gigantic tree. "Nuri do you think people can cook food with flowers?" I smiled at him, "Well, I haven't tried it yet but we do add the essence of flowers sometimes. It gives the food a rich flavor and smell" I said.

"Like vanilla?" "Like vanilla" I smiled. "Do you think you can make something like that for me? With a flower's essence?... Oh... I won't be able to see you anymore but..." he muttered to himself. I squatted in front of him, "Of course I will be able to see you" "So if I go to Leyla teyze's place, will you come there?" he asked expectantly.

I kissed his hands, "Of course I will come to visit you, dear. Moreover, Edric will also be there... You can have fun together" I beamed at him. "But abi won't be there... Nor will amca be there..." he frowned. "Do you think your abi and amca will be able to stay apart from you? The hearing isn't done yet Idris. It will turn out fine" I ruffled his hair.

My phone began buzzing then, "Nuri, where are you?" asked Edric. "I am near the parking lot. Is it over?" "Yeah... Come on to the front" he said, and both of us headed back. Demir had a wide grin on his face which made my heart felt heavy. "Amca let's go home" Idris happily rushed over to Özgür and Ferit bey.

Özgür lifted him and kissed his head. "We will go home together after a few days. You will stay with your aunt till then" "Why? I want to go home with you! I wanna stay with you!" he shouted. "Sweetie you can come home with us. There are so many toys there" said Leila but Idris ignored her. "Abi? Why aren't you saying anything?" he was furious.

I stared at Ferit bey and he caught my gaze for a split second till he turned his gaze back to Idris. "As your uncle said, we will go home together after a few days. You should stay with your teyze till then. Be a good boy..." Ferit bey caressed his face. Idris hugged him tightly, "I wanna stay with you and amca" he sobbed. "You will be back with us before you know it. I promise buddy" said Ferit bey and glared at Demir.

"Idris, come on now. Let's go home" said Demir, "But I will go to school" "Its nearly afternoon dear... You can go to school tomorrow" said Leila. "No. I will go today. Abi will take me to school... Won't you abi?" asked Idris turning to Ferit bey. He smiled, "Of course" "And Nuri will come too" Idris turned cheerful again. The others stared at me and a chill went down my spine when I locked eyes with Ferit bey.

"Uh... Idris... I can't... I-" "Nuri please" He begged, "Let's go, lets go. It's already late" I had to agree hesitantly, as always. "Come on" said Ferit bey coldly as I was about to say bye to Edric, leaving him halfway. I followed Ferit bey to the parking lot with Idris. This time I sat at the back with Idris, and Ferit bey wasn't surprised at all.

×××

"...and you know what? The sports ground is so big! like nearly double of abi's house" "Hmm... Sounds like a cool school" I replied as I stroked his hair. "Yep. The first time I went there with amca, then with abi, but the school was closed then so..." and he went on with the description of his new school. I was glad that Idris was back to his old form, that he had nearly forgotten what happened at court.