54. Perfect Plans

[•Nuri's POV•]

I have slept in this house many times even after realizing my mistake, but fate just wants us to be together now. After Ferit bey finds out, nothing would be the same, but I lost all my courage after that night.

When he caressed my cheek, streaks of lightning were passing through my body, and the way I felt when he kissed me can't even be described. Only if I could relive that night again without this sin hanging over my head.

Only if I hadn't drunk that night...

He was never going to let me go, but I had to let him go. If not, my guilt would bury me. I had to stay as far as possible from him. I had to go deaf whenever he came to talk and ignore him completely. My mind could do that but not my heart.

The worst thing now was that Demir was a murderer. I had full faith in Ferit bey's assumption. The realization that I accepted help from a person who was heartless enough to kill a kind old man made me even more sick and guilty.

[•Ferit's POV•]

I returned home after jogging. A lot of things happened last evening and I needed peace for some time. I went upstairs and headed to the kitchen. Nuri was there as expected and she was startled to see me. She ignored me of course, pretending to be busy. But I wasn't letting her go without talking.

"Günaydın" I said, "Günaydın Ferit bey" she replied stolidly without averting her gaze from the bowl of flour. I sat down at the table watching her work, "Can you make breakfast?" I asked. "But don't you have to go to work?" "I won't go to the company today. My lawyer will arrive soon, we need to talk about the hospital incident, and Demir will be arrested today" I said confidently. "Oh... So you will stay home the whole day?" she asked again with a dreary expression.

I got up from the chair then, "Yes" I replied coolly as I took a juice can from the fridge. Nuri's eyes grew wide then, "Ah!" she exclaimed suddenly. "I have to go home!" she said zipping her bag. "Why?" "I... er... Yeah! I promised Fatoş to be there at her... uh... brother's... thing" She was the worst liar, "What thing?" "The uh... umm... Birthday party! Today is her brother's birthday party" she said. "If it's so important, how come you forgot about it?" "I didn't forget. It is a surprise so I was being secretive" she explained. 

"So I am taking a leave today" she said with a bright grin. "You can't" I replied coolly. "Why not?" she frowned. I leaned towards the fridge and casually, "As your boss, I won't let you take leave today. If you remember, you have taken many holidays earlier too. Hence you can't... And also I want my breakfast ready by the time I'm back down" I said and went upstairs to my room to change my sweaty clothes. 

Playing with her was going to be fun.

[•Nuri's POV•]

This was not fair. He was forcibly keeping me here in this house to talk about that night. It was useless to fight with him, so I spent all my anger on the ball of dough. Idris came to the kitchen then, "Günaydın big guy" I said as he leaned over the counter table. "Günaydın" he replied and rubbed his eyes. "Are you hungry?" I asked and he nodded. "I'll bring you breakfast now" I said and went to get the plates. 

"Nuri can I ask you something?" he began, "Yes, what's up?" I asked casually. "Will I have to stay at Demir enişte and Leila teyze's house?" he asked. I was confused, "No dear, why do you think that?" "Well, last evening they said that I might have to. It's not that I hate them or anything... I really like them, but I just don't wanna stay with them forever" he said.

I kissed his hands softly. "Idris, your abi will never let something like that happen. You can stay where you like, nobody can take you anywhere forcibly. Don't think about that now. Wash your hands and sit down at the table, I am going to make a surprise dish for breakfast" I smiled. "Tamam!" he exclaimed and ran off, but I was very puzzled. Why did Demir tell Idris that he was going to stay with them?