83. Missed You

[•Ferit's POV•]

I sat by the bedside and caressed my sleeping beauty, she stirred a little, "Ferit?" She whispered in her sleep, "Good Morning" "Good Morning to you too, but are you leaving now?" She asked, barely able to keep her eyes open. I nodded and she tried to get up, "I'll make breakfast then" But I stopped her, "No it's alright. I'll have breakfast on the flight. You don't have to wake up now" I said.

"It's still early, sweetheart. I'll call you when I get there" "Hmm... Okay" She mumbled and cuddled against my chest before letting me go, "Come back soon" She murmured. I kissed her forehead, "Of course" I replied and got up. She fell back in the bed exhausted. I wasn't surprised of course, after the exercise we had last night. I smiled to myself and went out the door.

I reached the place by the afternoon and when I called Rafael, he said that he wouldn't be able to reach Turkey until tomorrow. This was bad news. Idris's hearing was on the day after tomorrow, and if I didn't reach back home in time, the court would cancel the hearing. I sighed and thought of calling Nuri. She said that she was already at the restaurant.

"When are you going to meet him?" She asked, "He won't be here till tomorrow morning. He had somewhere else to go" "What? So when will you return now?" She asked worriedly, "Probably tomorrow night if I am lucky" I sighed. "Ferit, Idris's hearing is on the day after tomorrow" "I know Nuri... Don't worry, I will make it in time" I assured her.

"Okay... But be careful... Gun dealers don't sound that right" She said. "Don't worry, I will be back soon to make you mine" I replied cheekily, "Shhh! Someone might hear you" "So? Why should I care?" I asked back. "You have really changed" "All thanks to you" I replied fondly and she chuckled.

"Where are you going to stay for the night?" "I haven't decided yet. I asked Nazmiya hanim to call me after checking which all places are available" I replied. "Oh okay... I need to hang up now, a few people are waiting outside. I'll call you later, Love you" "Tamam, remember what I said" I replied and I could feel her blushing from the other side.

The day went by slowly, and I stayed in a nearby star hotel. I worked all evening, making sure that everything would be perfect in time for the hearing. I called Nuri again at night and she went on about what happened in the restaurant. I wasn't listening though, I only wanted to hear her voice.

I sighed happily when all memories we had together, started popping up in my head. I knew every tiny detail about Nuri because we had been through a lot together. She was the purest girl I'd ever known, and I was completely in love with her. I still regretted everything that I had told her the night we got off the ship, but she had forgiven me because she had a heart of gold that no one else could replace.

But I wondered how I was able to keep myself away from her all these days...

"Ferit, are you even listening to me?" "Huh? What did you ask?" I woke up from my fantasies. "When are you gonna meet the gun dealer tomorrow? What was his name again...?" "Rafael. I'll get to see him in the afternoon probably" I replied. "Hmm... Oh, and the girls will be staying here tonight" "Yeşim and Fatoş?" I gasped. "What's wrong?" "No... Just make sure that they don't make the house messy... Yeşim especially" I said and she chuckled.

"Don't worry darling, nobody is gonna do anything to your house" "Our house, you mean" I corrected her. "Yes, our house" "Our bed too... Our love... And I don't think I have to say anything more" I grinned to myself. "I think I should hang up before I go all red in the face" "Ah... I wish I could see that tonight" I groaned, "How am I gonna sleep without you? I will be all restless" I propped on the bed.

"Well, how do you think I am gonna manage?" "You can build your wall of pillows, they will keep you company" She laughed. "I don't think they can replace you" She said cheekily, I felt overwhelmed again. "Ah sweetheart, if I don't hang up soon, I might have to come back tonight itself" She giggled, "Okay... It's late anyway. Good night, kiss you" "Kiss you back" I replied. I stared at my phone sheepishly, even after I hung up. I smiled to myself.