73. Agreed

[•Ferit's POV•]

Nuri was brought back home in the morning, and her parents made sure that we had no contact whatsoever. They were silent in the car, and they neither talked to me in the morning. Instead, her aunt and uncle approached me. They interrogated me in random ways, but I was prepared for that. When they found out that I was the CEO of a well-reputed company in Turkey, they couldn't believe their ears.

But when they asked me about my parents, I was hesitant to answer. "My mom divorced my father when I was in senior high, and my dad died a month ago" I said. Their interrogative tone changed suddenly to a tender, more loving tone. They felt sorry for me, but I didn't want anyone's pity.

They also asked me random things like how I and Nuri met. I narrated the story that we had rehearsed on Saturday- I got attracted to Nuri the first day I saw her here. Then after I'd returned to Turkey, I found her as a chef on my ship. In a week, we fell in love. Nuri made the story so that we don't reveal to her parents that she had been working in my house. If something went wrong in it, then I would blame Nuri.

And after we'd parted ways on the ship, 'I couldn't sleep without thinking about her' so we got engaged the next week. The couple seemed satisfied with my answers and I was relieved to go back to my room, the same one I'd stayed in the first time I came here, even though they didn't ask me to pay. I wondered what Nuri was telling her parents right now.

Even though I was here, I couldn't avoid my company completely. This marriage was going to work out only if we could find a piece of proper evidence for Demir's unlawful deeds. Last day, I had finally found the contact of a man that Demir had worked with earlier. He was a big dealer, with a rather shady profile. I found out from a few people that he was in Mexico currently, and that he would return to Turkey only after a month. But Idris's hearing was in a month.

Çihan began calling me then, "Ferit, I need to tell you something important. The media is creating stories about you and Nuri" he said. "What?" "Yes. Your pictures are there all over the internet. Check any Turkish news site" He said and I found that he was right. I saw pictures of me dancing with Nuri, as well as hugging her on the beach, on my laptop.

I was sure that either Demir or Edric was responsible for this. They were trying to disgrace me, but these photographs were going to backfire on them. 'Who is Ferit Aras's new girlfriend?' The title would help us make everyone believe in our relationship, and for the first time, I felt grateful for Demir and Edric, though I felt a tug at my heart on seeing those pictures. Those days seemed too distant now.

"What are you going to do about them?" He asked, "Let them be" "What? Are you serious?" He was puzzled. "Yes, I will explain everything when I get back, let it linger on the internet longer" I said. "Ferit what are you up to?" "I'll tell you later Çihan. I am busy right now" And I hung up.

I noticed the time only when I heard the knock on my door. As I had guessed, it was Nuri's parents. Without wasting time, the rapid-fire round started. Nuri and I had gone over all the possible conflicts and details regarding the wedding so I was prepared. "You do realize that there are a lot of complications for this wedding right?" "Yes" I replied to her calmly. 

"You are from Turkey, and she is from India, have you thought about that?" I knew where they were getting at. Religions were going to be crossed, but that mattered only if we were pious. We were living in the 21st century for god's sake, these customs should have been removed long back. "Yes, but that doesn't matter. Nuri and I have promised to stay secular. It won't affect the marriage as long as there is an understanding between us" I explained.

"What about your parents? Will they think the same?" She raised an eyebrow. "My parents had divorced long back, and my father died a month ago, so it's only my say that matters" They were shocked to hear that. "Our condolences" "Thank you" I replied. "But there are a lot of steps before the marriage. How do you plan to do them?" "I need to marry Nuri as quick as possible, so we won't be involving in any pre-wedding functions" I said and they frowned at me.