62. Admitting

[•Ferit's POV•]

Nuri's behavior last night shocked me a lot. I could see her pain through her eyes, but only if she'd tell me will I be able to help her. I reached back up to the surface of the water and brushed my hair back.

When she wasn't talking about such complicated things, she was her normal self- Cheerful, lovely, and naive. It was clear to me that she wasn't going to answer any of my questions, so I decided to leave it there and enjoy my time with her. I got out of the pool and dried myself.

I called Edric and Özgür after I had dressed. Every day I promised Idris that I'd bring him back home soon, but I still hadn't found any means to catch Demir. Özgür said that he was going to the company, just to keep an eye on Demir, but he rarely saw him there. Instead, he met Burçu almost regularly. He said that she was working on a few things related to the company. I didn't bother much about her, she had called me last night just to check on me. She was acting strange but my prime target was Nuri.

Kapoor's arrived at the breakfast table then. Suddenly, I noticed Nuri at the bar. What was she doing there?

I called Melissa near me to ask about Nuri. She said that a staff member was sick, so Nuri would be the temporary replacement since she was the least experienced chef among the crew. She might be the least experienced but she was the most talented at the same time.

I enjoyed watching her. A person who hated alcohol, struggling to get used to it. She caught me looking once, and a red tan flew into her cheeks. Her embarrassment was evident even though we were meters apart. She kept me entertained all through the morning.

After breakfast, the Kapoors headed to the island. I had to meet a dealer from the island today, so even I left the ship for a few hours.

[•Nuri's POV•]

I regretted not paying attention to Deren's work whenever we went to the bar. I was horrible at everything Damla taught me. Even Ferit bey saw me in my stupid new self. I felt so ashamed, but he had a stolid expression on his face, till he left the hall a few hours ago. In the end, Damla got so fed up with me that she asked me to wait tables instead of making drinks as I might end up poisoning someone.

Damla gave me a few glasses to wipe and Ferit bey was back by then. He had another man with him, a tall blonde fellow in a suit. The guy was observing the place, and I could see him praise Ferit bey for the beautiful ship. He smiled back, I hadn't seen him smile since last night when I broke his heart.

They sat down at the table and Ferit bey called me near them. He knew I was the waitress. Not good. "Nuri, can you bring us some champagne?" he asked with pretended politeness. Either he had forgotten about last night or he didn't care what I thought. I glared at him first but nodded and reported it to Damla.

[•Ferit's POV•]

"Is her name Nuri?" asked Soner. "Yes" He was staring in her direction. "Can we talk about the details then? You've seen the ship already" He nodded and averted his gaze towards me. Soner was the dealer I and Mr.Kapoor had planned to sell this ship to. He worked in a smaller company, specializing in tourism.

Nuri brought our drinks and as she was about to leave, "Thank you. Your eyes are beautiful" said Soner in a dreamy way. Nuri glanced at me and turned back to him. "Umm... Thanks..." She mumbled uncomfortably and I quietly clenched my fist.

He had no right to tell her that.

I tried my best to get him away from the hall and to go to the meeting room but he was adamant. He said he'd like to enjoy the view while working. Ugh...