58. Shocked

[•Ferit's POV•]

I headed to my office and found Burçu on the couch with a magazine in her hand. "I was waiting for you" she said and got up with a smile. "What are you doing here?" I frowned, "I wanted to talk about something important with you... I came just a few minutes before but Nazmiya hanim told me that you were with Çihan so I thought of waiting here" she said and I nodded.

"Demir called me in the morning... I know about Idris" she said in a concerned tone. "Aren't you happy? Your brother got what he wanted" I said coldly. "Ferit, please... I know that Idris means the world to you and Özgür. I still don't know why Demir is doing this..." She said to herself. What does this woman want?

"Burçu I have work to do, tell me what you want" "Yes, I am sorry to bother you... I came to talk about you accusing my brother" I sighed in frustration. "You can say whatever you want but I am sure that Demir has done it and I will prove it" "Ferit I didn't come to support Demir" she said and I paused for a second.

"What do you mean?" "I came because I think that you are right this time" she said taking a step closer towards me. "It all seemed strange for me too... I mean, him getting the company-" "He didn't get the company" I corrected. "Yes, sorry... He stealing the documents, getting custody of Idris, and your father's death. Everything is happening according to his wish" she ended.

This wasn't the Burçu I knew for sure. "Now you are against him?" "Not exactly... But I don't trust him anymore. He is going way too far with things" she was slightly angry. "But why are you telling me all this?" "Because I want you to know that you can trust me" she said, her eyes begging for forgiveness.

"After all that you've done, why should I still trust you Burçu?" "Because I believe that I might be able to help you" she said. My mind was getting more confused by the minute, "I know Demir better than anyone... And I know that he won't stop until he gets what he wants" she said. I stared at her in silence and she sighed. She took a step closer and held my hand between her palms. What is she trying to do?

"Ferit... I have made a big mistake and I am fully aware of that. But know that I won't do it again..." her eyes and words were so convincing, and I felt myself soften a bit. "We both know what abi wants so please be careful..." she mumbled, her eyes were wet and her grip on my hand tightened. "Please..." she repeated and I gave a nod, just to be polite.

She hesitantly let go of my hand, "I should probably leave now" she said and took her purse from the couch. "Burçu" I called and she turned to face me, "Thank you" I said with a faint smile. She smiled back, "Bye" and she left.

I didn't forgive her yet, but at least I was sure that she wouldn't do anything to hurt me hereafter...

[•Nuri's POV•]

I gulped as I entered the lawn. It was getting painful day by day. How should I face him? This lie was eating me alive, and I can't even tell him anymore. Malik had told me that Ferit bey hadn't left for work yet, so I entered the kitchen with a heavy sigh. My eyes were wandering all over the place, but I couldn't find him anywhere.

I peeped towards the living room too, but he wasn't there either. I placed my bag on the table and went towards the corridor. Just then, I nearly collided into Ferit bey. Our faces inches apart but I hastily took a step back. The sight in front of me made me swallow hard.

It looked like Ferit bey had gone for a swim and his wet body sparkled. He had a towel around his neck, and his torso was perfect as usual. "Nuri?" "Ferit bey" I was brought back to my senses. "Why are you startled?" He asked casually and wiped his face with the towel. Why does he have to do everything so beautifully?