59. Lovesick

[•Nuri's POV•]

I groaned as I sat down on the couch. It had been one of the worst days of my life.

"Nuri did you take a shower?" asked Yeşim from the kitchen, and I nodded. "Nuri?" "Yes Yeşim, I did" I replied annoyed. "Okay... Here you are" and she brought a tray from the kitchen. Tea, biscuits, and a huge cup of ice cream. "This is my routine food after I split with Özgür" she admitted, "I didn't split with Ferit bey, I just resigned" I corrected her for the millionth time.

"Of course, then why did you cry?" "Just shut up girl" I snapped back at her. "How Ferit destroyed you..." she murmured and rolled her eyes. I dug into the tub of ice cream, it was delicious. "Does Fatoş know?" she asked and I nodded, "I called her after class" "Oh, okay... So what are you gonna do now?" she asked worriedly.

I shrugged, "I'll freeze school. My course will end only next year, but this term we have only internships... So after the food-fest is done, I'll go back" I said, "Food-fest?" "Ezgi told me that there is a food-fest after a week of internship, more like a public event organized by our university. Each of us will have separate stalls and we'll sell snacks" I explained animatedly. "When will it be?" "Three weeks later I think" She groaned. "Three weeks? How can I wait that long!" I chuckled.

My phone began buzzing then, "Hello Ezgi?" "Hey, Nuri... Mom told me that you resigned so I thought I'd call... What happened?" she asked. I had tried to forget Ferit bey for the whole day by being heavily involved in the university, and I had kept quiet to her. "Uh... It turned out like that..." I mumbled, "But you were so good together!" "Ezgi come on..." I licked my spoon.

"What? Mom was really surprised when Ferit said that you'd resigned. He looked so upset, she said" " He was upset?" I sat up straight, "Well, he didn't show it much, but she said he looked more worn out than ever. You sure there is nothing wrong?" "No... It's nothing... Just silly things..." Yeşim rolled her eyes. "If you say so... I called because I was worried. Anyways, what are your plans for the internship week?"

"Well, I didn't decide anything yet, and to be honest, all the places professor said seemed too local... Ah, I don't know about it really" I admitted. "I can talk to the professor if you'd like. Each batch has a different set of places, you'll definitely get a great place!" she cheered, but no place could match Ferit beys.

×××

It was Thursday by now. I didn't go to Ferit bey's house yesterday as well as today. Life felt calmer but empty. I just couldn't get him out of my head. I tried my best to keep busy, so I went to the university early and helped to volunteer for the preparations related to the food-fest. Freshers had started appearing and I helped in the welcoming ceremony.

I tried my best to keep my mind occupied, but it was so filled that I couldn't help it...

It was nearly seven in the evening when I had finished, everybody else had left, and even I took my bag to leave finally, but I met my professor in the hall. "Nuri? Didn't you go home yet?" "No sir, I had to take down a few posters, and arrange things. I am going home now, have a good evening sir" I said, and hastily turned to leave.

"Nuri?" he called and I turned, "Where are you planning to go for the internship?" "Uh... I didn't decide yet sir..." I replied. "Hmm... How would you like to work on a ship?" "A ship?" I couldn't believe my ears. "Yes, a week on a ship. It was on the choice list for a few senior year students but Ezgi told me that you were capable enough for it" I blushed.

"There is going to be a new ship launch on Saturday, and they are planning a voyage for a week and will return to Istanbul on the next Friday. You will get a chance to interact with a few professionals. But they are looking for people who are hard-working and punctual. I've been noticing you for the past few days, I think it's a great opportunity. What do you say?"