90. Reactions

[•Demir's POV•]

I nearly spit the coffee in my mouth while reading the newspaper. I coughed, "What's wrong abi?" Edric turned to me. "Can you bring me some water Leila?" She nodded and got up. Edric was waiting for an answer, "Businessman Ferit Aras and wife Nuri Aras expecting their first child" I read the headlines out to him loud and clear.

Edric's face turned pale. "Do you want me to read more?" I yelled at him. "In an interview yesterday at the Eclair, the couple revealed that they are expecting a new member in the family" I slammed the paper on the table and sprang up. "Nuri is pregnant!" I yelled at him, "And you claim that their marriage is fake!" He kept silent.

"Demir calm down... Please... I don't think that you should bother them anymore, let them go on with their lives and we will go on with ours" "Ferit won't go on with his life by destroying others' life!" I yelled back at Leila. My anger was unbearable, "Ferit took away my everything! My daughter, my wife, my pride my everything! I haven't seen Ada in a year! Do I know where she is? No! And I didn't search for her because of you!" I pointed my finger at Leila.

Tears began flowing down her cheeks, "Abi please stop" Edric got up at that time. "Ferit is going to have his child and I have no idea where my kid is!" I yelled at him. "They are in California... I told you..." "You told me that, months back Edric. Do you know whether my daughter is still there? She was just six, and now she is just seven! JUST SEVEN!" I was definitely going to go mad.

"But I thought you said you loved me..." She mumbled. "Stop crying woman! You were the only way I could get close to Ferit... But you spoiled that too by arguing all the time, you-" "Stop it abi" Edric shielded Leila. "You are yelling at her to release the anger you feel on Ferit" He turned to face Leila and asked her to go back upstairs.

"Am I wrong Edric? She married me for my money and I married her to get near Ferit" I retorted. "You shouldn't have said all that abi... She was very hurt" "Oh yeah? Is she the only one hurting? I've been hurting since the day Afet left me. I can't be with Ada, I don't know if she is sick now or even if she is alive, everything because of Ferit"

I paced up and down the room. I can't let Ferit be a father, I can't let their child be born. "That kid won't be born" I said to myself and picked my phone to call Yusef. Edric snatched it from me, "Abi what the hell are you doing?! You are trying to hurt Nuri along with her baby" he yelled. "I'll murder that whole family if necessary" I replied coldly and tried to get the phone back. 

"Abi you are acting crazy. Stop!" He pushed me onto the couch. "I won't let you hurt Nuri" he replied. I panted, I would only make matters worse if I am angry. I need a proper plan if I have to remove the baby and Nuri with it, from Ferit's life. "You still care about that girl? You are such an idiot Edric!" "You can call me whatever you want but I won't let you do this" His eyes were red as he settled himself on the couch near me.

"Aren't you one bit disappointed? Or ashamed even? Even after everything that has happened you still go after that girl" "I still love her abi" He sighed. "I still don't believe in their marriage" "Your sister is more clever than you Edric. She left when she knew that Ferit wasn't changing his mind about Nuri. How long will it take you to get smarter eh?" I frowned at him.

"Burçu's gone, Their company's gone, I am losing all of my assets-" "I am going to talk to Nuri" he got up and took his keys to leave. "Sure, sure, why not? Congratulate her, oh and if Ferit is there, him too... Are you crazy Edric! Why the hell are you going to talk to her?!" I yelled at him.

"I have to abi... Don't do anything to Leila while I am not here" he warned and left.

He was never going to get smarter.