75. The Beautiful Wedding

[•Nuri's POV•]

I stared at myself in the mirror as my mother and Fatoş helped me with my dress. "Today's the day" I told my subconscious. Everyone was waiting for us downstairs. I had met Yeşim in the morning, and she was extremely happy for me. Even Özgür was glad that I was marrying Ferit, "You can knock some sense in that control-freak brother of mine" He had told me with a chuckle.

Fatoş buttoned my back, and my mother made sure that my hair was alright. "You have no idea how beautiful you look" Said Fatoş, but I felt worried. What if this made things worse between me and Ferit? The thought haunted me.

After a final check, Fatoş ran downstairs to tell everyone that I was ready. I was nervous, "Your hands are shaking Nuri" My mother smiled as she adjusted the lower part of my dress. "Mumma, are you upset with me?" "Why would I be upset with you?" She asked. "Because I am marrying Ferit...?" "I am slightly mad at you for not telling me about him earlier but I am also surprised that he could match your stubbornness" She said with a chuckle.

I groaned, "He is a lot more stubborn than I am" "Then that makes you perfect for each other" She said staring at my face. "Sweetheart, your happiness is most important" She said as she pulled me into an embrace. "I will miss you at home" She whispered, my eyes welled up. The day Ferit divorces me, I was going to break her heart but I had brought this upon myself.

[•Ferit's POV•]

Idris was running around excitedly, and Özgür had agreed to do the photography. My mother tricked me, she said she'd call nobody but there were as many people as to fit a truck. The day was hot and only a few more hours were left until noon. I wiped the sweat off my forehead, it was going to be a long day.

I adjusted my bow tie one last time when Çihan gave a pat on my back, "You nervous?" "No" I said. "Ferit Aras is nervous!" "I told you I am not" I said. "Your posture is uneasy, you drank two glasses of wine already, you fixed your tux like three times. Accept it, you are nervous" He said and I rolled my eyes.

Nuri's mother came downstairs then, the last wait was for the bride. The musicians began playing when Nuri descended the stairs, the crowd cheered and clapped, but the only voice I could hear was of my heartbeat and the only person I could see was my goddess. She came down the stairs gracefully. She'd been hiding all this beauty behind her leather jacket.

 She'd been hiding all this beauty behind her leather jacket

I regretted making the rule about separate rooms.

She blushed shyly when she saw the crowd. She made her way towards me, and I could only smile at her. She stared at me, her face seemed worried somehow. She placed her hand in mine, I could see her trembling lightly. She was breathtaking.

 She was breathtaking