89. The News Spreads

[•Nuri's POV•]

Ferit was busy inspecting the restaurant with Miss Nazmiya when Aygün hanim walked in. "Good morning Aygün hanim" I greeted her, "Good morning dear... Özgür had told me about the interview so I came" She said. Ferit was a bit uneasy when he saw her, he took me aside to talk. "What is she doing here Nuri?" He was more nervous than angry.

"Relax darling... She's just come to see the interview" I replied, "Also, I think this is a good opportunity for you to tell her" I caressed his beard. I had grown used to it now, "You think so?" He was definitely nervous. "Yes, you have to tell her one day, of course. Say it now, she will be happy" I smiled at him. He glanced at his mother who was talking to one of the waiters. "Go on" I gave a peck on his cheek and he sighed in agreement.

[•Ferit's POV•]

"Anne I have something to tell you" I sat down in front of her, and Nuri sat down next to me. "Hmm?" She placed her wine glass back on the table. "I... I mean we..." Nuri placed her hand on my thigh to calm me. "Nuri's pregnant" I blurted out, and a familiar red tan crept into my wife's cheeks.

"Oh my god! I can't believe it! This is such great news!" My mother got up from her chair and hugged me tightly. I couldn't move at her sudden show of affection. I gulped. Not less than a month ago, I had despised this woman but now I was hugging her, I was hugging my mother.

My mind fled back to the night when I made Nuri mine for the first time. The reason I found out about Nuri's innocence was because of my mother. I felt my hands moving involuntarily to hug her back. "I am so happy for you!" She cried and kissed my head. I tingle went down my spine. It had been years since she kissed me. I glanced at Nuri. She bit her bottom lip and her eyes softened at the sight of me embracing my mother.

Aygün pulled back, and I was left speechless for a minute. "Ah... I am sorry... I just got a little overwhelmed" My mother replied when she realized that she had hugged me after years. She turned to Nuri, "Congratulations Nuri, you are going to be a mother" Aygün's eyes twinkled. Nuri smiled at her shyly, I loved my sweetheart so much.

The reporters showed up soon and we showed them around the restaurant. We finally sat down at the front and the question session began, "What made you invest in this restaurant Ferit bey? Was it because Nuri hanim worked here?" the reporter asked me curiously. "Well, my wife can be described as a reason..." Nuri glanced at me.

"If I wouldn't have invested then they would have to close the place. Nuri has worked very hard to get till here, so I couldn't possibly let that happen. Also, the place was fairly popular so it would do our company good if I invested here but you can say that she is the main reason" I brought Nuri's hand to my lips and she blushed.

They asked us a few more questions related to the restaurant and soon Özgür showed up with Yeşim. The reporters asked them questions too, and they revealed that they were engaged. The lady congratulated them and the man took a few of their photographs. She turned to us then, "Özgür bey and Yeşim hanim have already taken the next step. Do you have any plans for the future? Can we expect any good news from you?" She asked us.

Nuri and I glanced at each other, I smiled at her. "Yes... We will be starting a family soon" Nuri replied to her. The reporters' eyes widened, even Özgür and Yeşim froze when they heard us. "Nuri is pregnant" I caressed her stomach gently, and she blushed again. A strange pleasure filled me whenever I announced the news.

But above all, announcing the fact that Nuri is mine made me ecstatic. She has always been mine and she will always stay mine.

"Congratulations Ferit bey and Nuri hanim. That's beautiful news" She replied. They wrapped up after a few more questions and thanked us before leaving. Yeşim and Özgür were extremely excited, "Congratulations Nuri!" Yeşim squeezed her even abi hugged me. The other staff at the restaurant congratulated us too. I pulled Nuri towards my chest, and she chuckled shyly.

Knowing I had her near me was the greatest relief in all this excitement.

×××

I returned to the living room and handed Nuri a bowl of cashews. She paused before accepting it, "Just take it Nuri... I didn't make it don't worry" I rolled my eyes and she chuckled. I rested my head on her lap while she ran her fingers through my hair. Her focus was fixed on the TV, she was watching a documentary of some sort.

It was late at night and she had put Idris to bed. By evening, the news of our interview spread through the internet like wildfire. She popped a cashew in my mouth and I took a moment to admire her face, "Nuri?" She hummed in response but didn't avert her gaze from the TV. "What are we going to name her?" I asked her again.

"I haven't thought anything yet dear... It could even be a boy" She smiled. "Let's do it like this, if it's a girl, I will name her and if it's a boy, you can name her" "Hmm... Maybe... But both the names will begin with 'A'" She replied, "That's a must" "Why?" I asked curiously. "It just feels good" She shrugged and I chuckled.

"We have already started acting like parents" I replied and she blushed. Whenever I said something like that, she would shy away. Her eyes would grow tense. She seemed scared somehow. I fondled her face and she turned her gaze towards me.

"Why do you look scared my love?" She took a deep breath. "I am terrified Ferit. I have no idea if I'll be able to do this... I don't know... It's just... Really terrifying" She blurted out. I sat up and hugged her, "It's terrifying for me as well Nuri... But we can do this together" "Ferit... I don't want to upset you but... There are a lot more things left to solve... Demir... Edric... How do you think they will react?" She asked.

"Don't think about such things... We will catch Demir red-handed soon" I assured her, "And Edric... He might whine and cry but no one cares... You are worrying for nothing" I beamed at her and she raised an eyebrow at me. "Uff" She frowned and turned her gaze back to the TV. I laid down on her lap again and opened my mouth so that she could give me a few cashews. "You are getting no more of this dear, it is for me and my son" She replied cheekily. 

"He wants his father to eat too" "No he doesn't. He knows that his father is immature and annoying" She replied. I tried snatching the bowl from her but she placed it on the edge of the table, away from my reach. "You have already started dividing your love" I sighed sarcastically, "Soon I will lose my place on your lap too" I said and she chuckled. "Yes you will dear" She said in an attempt to get me off of her. 

"Not that easily sweetheart, I might as well use my time wisely till then" My hormones began stirring inside me again. I undid her nightgown revealing her clear stomach. I traced her skin with my hands and I could feel the heat erupting inside her. "Ferit what are you doing?" She nearly gasped. "Finding the perfect spot" I kissed her navel. 

She moaned my name to stop, music to my ears. "Can you stop that?" She gasped, "Why? Is this immature?" I asked innocently. I kissed her again till she nearly pushed me onto the floor but I held her waist tightly, "Idris is upstairs. Can you get off of me?" She tied her nightgown again. I remembered an important point suddenly and pulled her towards me by her hips causing her to fall back on the couch. I got on top of her and held her arms firmly above her head. 

"Ferit what's with you tonight?" She was blushing like anything. "Does this mean that we won't be able to sleep together again?" I asked confused. Her face turned into the darkest shade of red, and I loosened my grip on her hands. "Sleep?" "You know exactly what I mean by sleep, sweetheart" I bit my bottom lip and smirked. "You aren't going to do anything of that sort Ferit bey" "Why not?" I pouted. "Get off of me" She laughed and sat back up on the couch.

She kissed me beautifully and I deepened the kiss hoping to carry her upstairs but she pulled back, "This is all you'll get darling" She smiled in an incredibly alluring way. "Only this?" I gulped as she traced my bottom lip with her finger, "Only this" She got up from the couch. "Good night" She gazed at me for a second before laughing and disappeared upstairs.

I took a deep breath. How was I going to keep myself steady for nine whole months?

__________________________
Last Edited: 21st January 2021