61. A Request

[•Ferit's POV•]

I had been watching Nuri since afternoon. She was trying her best to adapt to Melissa's strict orders followed by Azra's constant domineering. She annoyed them back too sometimes, in her classic cheeky way, but above all, it was the first time I was seeing her in a uniform. She looked adorable in her chef clothes and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

I was seated a long way from her at the bar, but I had a perfect view. The sun had already set and the dining hall was nearly empty. "Mr.Ferit?" Mr.Kapoor sat next to me and poured a glass of whiskey for himself. "We were planning to get off on the island tomorrow" "Oh... When was the anniversary again?" I asked remembering the party he had planned. "Next Friday... When we return to Istanbul" "Did you tell Melissa?" I asked, "Yes, just now, and she must've started with the preparations too" We laughed.

The main reason why Mr.Kappor had come on this cruise ship with his wife was that their wedding anniversary was within a week, and he wanted to surprise her. The ship would stop at an island tomorrow and another one on Thursday. Most people would go around the island, but I was planning to stay in tomorrow. I still couldn't ignore my company, and I had to constantly keep searching for a way to catch Demir red-handed. I drank my glass with a sigh and looked around for Nuri.

She was still busy cleaning the kitchen counter and I stared at her for a long time, "Ferit?" I quickly averted my gaze to Mrs.Kapoor who stood by her husband. She had noticed me stealing glances at Nuri from the time we arrived, "Why did Nuri resign again?" I expected that question. "To be honest, I don't know" I replied truthfully, "Then why don't you ask her now? Go on" she instructed. I could see the couple exchanging a 'strategical look' and I nodded hesitantly.

They went back to their room and I went towards my deli kiz. She looked up for a second when she saw me approaching but turned back to her work ignoring me. "Nuri can we talk?" "I am busy" she replied without looking up. "Yes, I can see that... Where are the others? Why aren't they helping you out?" I asked.

"I don't know, and thanks to you Ferit bey, I got extra work" She sneered, "Me? What did I do?" "You told the waiter that I'll know what to cook for lunch. Since I am used to cooking for 'people on land', Azra wants me to 'get acquainted with sea life too'" She retorted. "If you want, I can-" "Please don't do anything more Ferit bey, you should just stay away from me" She replied.

I have never been able to do that and I will never be able to do that. I tried to let her go many times, but fate always brought us back together, so I am not risking it again.

"But I missed your meals" I replied sincerely, and I caught a shy glance from her. "You just resigned that day without saying anything. No explanation, no reason, nothing" "But you didn't stop me also, anyways" she replied and turned back to her work. I realized my mistake, but I was overcome with disappointment and anger that I couldn't even talk to her properly that day. "I realize that, so I am asking you now... Why did you leave Nuri?"

I stared into her eyes. I need a reply this time, not an excuse.

"I don't have time for a question-answer session. If you want some food or water, I can give it to you. That's all, I am going, have a good evening" She left me hanging again.

Why wouldn't she talk?

[•Nuri's POV•]

He was making things difficult for me.

The day was already stressful because of Azra and Melissa, and I didn't want Ferit bey to make it worse. But deep inside, I was really happy to see him. I missed that handsome face dearly. His eyes, his scent, and his kiss were the only things I could think of after I had resigned. But sadly, I wouldn't get any of it back when he learns the truth...