50. Shopping

[•Nuri's POV•]

It was a great dream, and I leaned closer to the most comfortable pillow I've ever known, but the sunlight interrupted me, so did birds. I blinked and rubbed my eyes softly, but where did birds come from? I opened my eyes and looked up. The most handsome man I've ever met in my life was next to me, and I smiled. "I'm still in my dream" My subconscious reminded me and I leaned closer. 

Suddenly I was brought back to my senses, Ferit bey was right next to me, in fact, we were too close. I remembered my dream clearly where we kissed and it had felt like nothing could be better, but that wasn't a dream after all... 

I slowly sat up and let go of his hand, he stirred, but thankfully didn't wake up

I slowly sat up and let go of his hand, he stirred, but thankfully didn't wake up. I got up and stared at him devastated, my mind was yelling and I felt like jumping into the water.

The only solution that came to my mind was to return home, the girls might be worried. I took my bag from the chair and after giving him a last glance, ran out of the yacht and reached the road. In the cab, I couldn't think of anything but last night.

My mind was going crazy. I kissed the person I had to stay away from. How could I ever tell him about the file now? With each passing day, things became more and more complicated. The driver stopped in front of my apartment and I got out. My heart skipped a beat whenever I replayed last night in my head.

I paced up the stairs and knocked on the door, and was surprised to find Özgür open it. "What are you doing here?" I asked sternly, "Calm down will you? I was just leaving, I came to meet Yeşim" he said as I entered the house. Yeşim appeared from the kitchen, "Nuri, hoşgeldin!" she said as she hugged me. "How was the trip? I wish I could come too" she said.

"It was... er... Okay..." I said, "Okay? Ferit's yacht isn't just 'okay', It's awesome" said Özgür, "Nobody asked you" I replied coldly, "Oh come on, are you still there? That happened months ago, you have to move on" he advised. "Go out, go on" I said as I opened the door. "Geez... Why are you so mad early in the morning? Something related to Ferit? Did he tell you something?" he asked.

"Özgür go home" I ended and shut the door. "What's with you this morning? All panicky and strange, huh?" asked Yeşim. "No... There's nothing wrong with me... I am pretty tired after the whole trip, I will take a shower and be out for breakfast" I said and headed towards my room. 

Was I making it obvious that he kissed me? 

×××

I looked at myself in the mirror as I dried my hair. "How did I ever get stuck in this mess?" I sighed. Every time I tried telling him, something or the other would interrupt me, but now I can't even try telling him. Suddenly my phone began ringing and I came back to my senses, "Hello Ezgi? It's been so long since we talked, how are you?" I asked. "I'm fine, you?" "I'm good too" I lied.

"Actually I called you to inform that our university will reopen day after tomorrow" she said, "Oh, really?" "Yep. The professor called me, he tried reaching you but he couldn't so he asked me to tell you myself" she said, "Thanks" "Also, I heard your results. You are a senior now, congrats!" she said, "Thank you so much, I can't believe the first term is already over" We laughed.