63. No More Questions

[•Ferit's POV•]

I was feeling exhausted than usual.
The meetings were long and I haven't felt this tired in a long time. I went to the bar just to loosen up, or at least I hoped to meet Nuri.

The view killed me.

He had no fucking right to touch her.

I charged at him like a bull. I knocked him down with a punch across his face. "Don't you dare touch her!" I yelled.

I turned to Nuri immediately, when I noticed she was nearly in tears. Of course, she felt ashamed of herself for letting that jerk treat her like that. I wiped away her tears, "It's alright" I whispered, I wanted her to feel safe.

I was not going to let anything happen to her.

Melissa, Azra, and Berk appeared then. The three of them stared at us. I turned to face Soner who was barely able to stand upright. I was proud of my fist. I was about to kick him too when Nuri tugged at my arm, "Ferit... Please... Don't make it worse" she said. She called me 'Ferit' for the first time, not out of disrespect but out of sincerity. Her eyes were begging me to stay calm.

She was right, I had to stay in control. "I am not selling you my ship. You are not going to stay here anymore. Berk?" I called turning towards him, "Yes Ferit bey?" "Get him out of the ship, his things and everything" I order coldly. "But..." "Get out by yourself or I'll kick you out" I said fiercely.

"Ferit bey what happened here?" asked Melissa, "Nobody has the right to hurt the staff, no matter whether it is a customer or an investor" I replied coldly. I turned to Nuri, it had sounded as if I was assuring her. I touched her hand slightly and she whined. I noticed her violet wrist then, "By god Nuri! Azra get me the doctor, and Melissa, you make sure that he has left" I ordered. "No... I don't want the doctor to see..." she mumbled.

I sighed, "Fine... But I'll help you" I said. I asked Azra to get me some ice and the two women left hesitantly. I made Nuri sit on one of the chairs outside the counter and I sat down in front of her. "Does it hurt a lot?" I asked worriedly, "It hurts a bit... It's okay really" "It is not" I replied sternly. "I can't believe I let such a person on the ship" I blurted out, staring at her wrist.

Azra brought the ice pack and I asked her to help Melissa. She nodded and left us in peace. The hall was empty and my body felt colder than usual. Nuri was trying her best to look away from me, I could feel her embarrassment. I tilted my head just so I could catch her gaze. "Hey, it's not your fault" I assured her. "I am sure that you would have choked him if you had the chance" I said with a smile.

She always tried to cheer me up when I was low, I wanted to do the same now. She chuckled softly, "Am I that bad?" "Well, you didn't waste your chance to snap at me the first day we met... So maybe a little" I said. I was holding her gaze and I couldn't get rid of my silly smile. She blushed, "I..." she mumbled.

"I am sorry about last night... I just..." she wasn't looking at my eyes, "Nuri" I said softly and she was forced to hold my gaze. "I want us to forget about last night. I won't ask you any more questions that you don't want to answer, but when you want to tell me, I will listen. I promise" I said.

I caressed her wrist for a while without breaking eye contact, "I think it feels better now" she said, and I realized that I hadn't let go of her hand yet. I nodded and placed the ice pack on the table. "It looks slightly better, but does it still hurt?" "No... Not really Ferit... Bey" she corrected shyly. "I prefer Ferit from now" I said. "No... I had accidentally called you like that earlier but I won't again, because-" "Nuri" I cut her short. I stared straight into her eyes.

"You don't work for me anymore, you can call me Ferit, just Ferit" I said. "I still work for you indirectly because Melissa works for you and-" "Melissa works for Mr.Kapoor. Don't make excuses now" I said slyly. "No... It will sound weird" She said, shaking her head. I smiled, "It didn't sound much weird earlier. We can try it out maybe?" "But..." Before she could make up another excuse, I interrupted.