1

Hope's POV:

At the early hour of 8:20 in the morning, I stand patiently by the dark gray-ish and miserable looking lockers, attempting to listen closely to Nora who excitedly tells me about her date with a man named 'Matt' last night.

She goes into an insane amount of detail, beginning with the exact words he first spoke to her as he picked her up at her door, to the exact shade of flowers he had gifted her directly after.

Nora smiles widely as she brushes her long, caramel hair over her shoulder with the fingertips of her right hand. She has natural beach waves which flow over her shoulder and down her back, stopping around her waist level. I notice her wide, hazel brown eyes leave mine and drift over to something behind me.

I turn my head around to match her gaze, though allowing my body to remain in the same direction it was before, and find it laying on Matt. Matt's sky blue eyes connect with Nora's, holding the same intensity as hers. He lifts a fair hand and rakes it through his light blonde locks. Matt's attire consists of a red jersey which is obviously a size too small for him, and dark blue jeans. He's tall and built, right now he has an obnoxious smile plastered on his face, if not always.

Despite the fact that I don't like him, it makes me smile briefly to see Nora as excited as she currently is. At first, I did voice my concerns out loud to Nora. But she wouldn't listen and instead practically accused me of trying to 'sabotage' her relationship, so I simply told her it's her choice and we moved on.

"You guys disgust me, get a room already" I kid around with Nora, It's intended to be taken as a joke but in reality, at the same time I'm also kind of serious.

"Shut up, Hope" she replies while playfully hitting my shoulder and giggling girlishly.

Nora turns her focus back behind my shoulder, towards Matt. I study her face as I notice her curled lips slowly turn straight and her eyes lose all excitement it previously held.

I turn on a dime to glare directly towards Matt once again. My heart hurts for my best friend as I watch him stand and laugh with his on-and-off again girlfriend, Ashley. Matt speaks to Ashley but her attention is placed directly on Nora's face, she smirks evilly at Nora and I glare at her as hard as I can, before grabbing Nora's arm and dragging her out the door. She stumbles behind me at first but eventually manages to gain her walking abilities back.

We approach my car in the front, placed in a parking space provided for the school, it's a sleek and sexy Mercedes-AMG GT Gullwing. It holds a matte black finishing and its my baby. My dad got it for me for my 19th Birthday. I've got cars for every birthday since my 16th birthday. My dad isn't around much, he travels a lot, though it's mainly to New York or Italy for work, so he tries hard to make my brother's and my life as 'perfect' as he can. I guess that's his way of apologising, though I would much rather just have him around.

"What are you doing?" Nora spits out as she pulls her arm back from my grip and let's it hang by her side.

"Let's skip" I reply, a mischievous grin present across my face. "Hope, it's not a good idea" she barks, I roll my eyes at her. "Come on, it's only once" I attempt to convince her. "Buy me food and i'm down" she answers after a moment of deep thinking. I agree and she mirrors my grin and hops into the passenger seat of my car without another word.

"Where are we going?" She asks while turning to me and connecting her phone to the car with her left hand as she fastens her seatbelt across her chest with her right.

I brainstorm for a couple seconds before my final idea pops into my head. I grin as I turn my head towards an oblivious Nora, "let's go out of town" I suggest as I hesitate, "New York" I smile widely. She blinks at me before eyeing me and eventually agreeing.

Without hesitating, I pull my car in reverse and steer out of the parking spot.

***

After a long drive of screaming lyrics to songs we've learned off by heart, we finally arrive in New York City, it's just past 12 in the afternoon.

"I'm hungry" Nora growls as sips her iced coffee.

"Aren't you always" I chuckle. "Where do you want to eat?" I stop in my tracks and turn to face her.

"I don't know" she answers hesitantly looking down at her drink. That's new.

I look down at my phone and google places we could eat near us.

"Del Posto?" I suggest the name of the famous Italian Restaurant at the top of my screen as I glance up from my phone to meet Nora's eyes, "sure" she shrugs, and we chose to walk as we make our way to the restaurant.

A group of guys our age stroll past us, all turning their heads and whistling while making smacking noises. I roll my eyes as I pull my hand up to flip them off, and we continue on with our day.