22

Hope's POV:

"So I can go back home?" I ask, excitement laced in my voice. The doctor, who's name I have come to find is Dr. Keith, answers "Yes but take it easy, that means no running, jumping, skipping, or sex." I blink, "oh, and no overeating either." He adds with a small smile.

I roll my eyes as I lift myself off the bed, wobbling back before being caught in the arms of Dominico who just entered the room. I look him up and down, he's wearing yet another tight black button up and jeans. He looks ferociously handsome as a piece of his dark hair falls in front of his perfectly sculpted face, leading me to fall into the trap of his emerald green eyes, which look jade under the right lighting.

He smirks while steadying me, knowing I was just checking him out.

Dominic swipes a hand through his soft hair as he walks over to my bag, picking it up and turning to look at me.

"What are you doing?" I ask him curiously.

"Taking you to my house" he answers in a patronising tone.

"No, you're not" I demand back sternly. "I wanna go to my own place."

"Fine then I'll stay with you" Dominic replies with a sarcastic smile.

I shake my head vigorously and open my mouth to speak.

"Hope, don't argue with me. We both know you need the help." He remarks before the words can leave my mouth.

"I have Nora for that" I add with a fake smile.

He furrows his eyebrows at me, "She didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" I ask.

"She moved in with Carter" he responds.

Great, the fact that I was in coma for a month and that I lost most of my memories from the last couple months was already enough. Now my best friend moved in with a guy she barely knows, leaving me to come back to my apartment alone. Not to mention that I almost died.

She couldn't even be bothered to tell me.

I quickly recover, "well it's a good thing that I can take care of myself then."

He shakes his head at disbelief of my stubbornness, "Hope" he warns in a deep, low voice. I once again feel tingles in my lower stomach.

What is wrong with me?

"He's right Ms Ricci. You are going to need the help" Dr. Keith adds, I didn't even realise he was here.

I groan and walk out the door as Dominic smirks and follows me.

I hop into the passenger seat of Dominic's dark grey Audi R8, he wouldn't let me drive. Dominic sits in the drivers seat and turns around slowly to place my bag in the back. He turns back to the wheel and starts the car. I watch as his large hands grip the wheel, making his veins stand out and the muscles in his biceps and forearms move with every motion he makes.

"If you want something, you can just ask for it. And no need to drool over me, I know I'm sexy" he adds smirking, his eyes glued to the road ahead.

"Shut up" I comment rolling my eyes, he turns his eyes towards me and stares directly into mine. His pupils enlarge before going back to their regular size. "Are you trying to kill me? Eyes on the road" I snarl, a few moments later, as he rolls his eyes back.

"I could only dream of it" he mutters while turning back to the road.

Bitch, what?

"The fuck did you say?" I snap.

His lips curl upwards and he begins to chuckle, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding" he answers as I slap him on the shoulder.

We finally reach my apartment and I step inside, taking a deep breathe of the air I missed. I waddle over to my couch and fall on it, closing my eyes.

Kyle opens the door to a créme coloured room, my dad turns to us and gestures to the big créme coloured couch. I look over at Kyle who's glaring at my dad, it's clear that he doesn't want me to know whatever my dad is going to tell me. I slowly walk over to the couch and sit down. My back is straightened and my hands are placed lightly on my knees. Kyle sits down on the other side of the couch, as far away from me as possible. The air is tense.

I open my eyes and shake my head at the unfamiliar memory.

"You okay?" Dominic asks me while making a cup of coffee. I nod my head, "yeah just glad to be back" I reply giving him a small smile.

Dominic walks over to me with the cup of coffee in his hands, I attempt to sit up on the couch but wince and fall back down. Dominic places the cup down on the glass table in front of me and puts his large hands on my back, he carefully pulls and lifts me up with ease. I sit up and wipe the imaginary dust off my black shirt, Dominic stares at me with a ridiculous grin.